By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War coming to PC January 14, 2022

gtotheunit91 said:
method114 said:

Guess I'll be replaying God of War next year. This is to close to Elden Ring though so it'll have to wait.

I mean, Elden Ring releases over a month after GoW. How long does it take you to play a game? lol 

Sorry, or did you not hear that Elden Ring got delayed into the latter half of February?

It can take me a bit to get through a game. Sometimes I only get the weekends to play if my work week is to busy or I have TV shows to catch up on. I don't want to put myself in a situation where I feel rushed to finish it.

A lot of times I hate only playing for like 1 hour on top of that which is why I wait for the weekend. I like to play for 3-4 hours at a time. Something about only playing 1-1.5 hour bothers me sometimes. 



Around the Network

I hope they don't botch the ultra-wide experience. Excited for this one. Skipping the other Sony PC games I already own on PS4.



4 ≈ One

If it keeps being 4 years or so after release on PS for the major titles I don`t see that affecting their console sales, if they start making 1 year or less I think it will affect, myself I would probably go PC.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

If it keeps being 4 years or so after release on PS for the major titles I don`t see that affecting their console sales, if they start making 1 year or less I think it will affect, myself I would probably go PC.

First of all i dont know why you keep repeating the 4 year thing, and why thats such a problem for you if they come less then 4 years it means you can play all them games on pc even if day and date like you said you should be happy since you can now play ms and sony and with emulation nintendo games all on one system!. But you know what.. Most console gamers dont care for a PC, its just that simple. Otherwise Fifa, Cod etc all them big multi-plat games that sell more then first party titles and sell consoles. Im sure many people know that person who buys the new consoles to only play the latest sport titles or gta, CoD etc etc and never touch or own a first party game.. Why didnt all them people just get a PC right?.



mZuzek said:

Wow.

Not sure I'm interested in God of War personally, but if even this is making it to PC, I can't see why any other Playstation exclusive wouldn't. I suppose they'll continue to have timed exclusives at least, but this is a really big deal.

If only we lived in a world where Nintendo also blessed us like this...

This is coming to PC to attract more gamers to buy a ps5 for the new god of war next year.



Around the Network
zero129 said:
DonFerrari said:

If it keeps being 4 years or so after release on PS for the major titles I don`t see that affecting their console sales, if they start making 1 year or less I think it will affect, myself I would probably go PC.

First of all i dont know why you keep repeating the 4 year thing, and why thats such a problem for you if they come less then 4 years it means you can play all them games on pc even if day and date like you said you should be happy since you can now play ms and sony and with emulation nintendo games all on one system!. But you know what.. Most console gamers dont care for a PC, its just that simple. Otherwise Fifa, Cod etc all them big multi-plat games that sell more then first party titles and sell consoles. Im sure many people know that person who buys the new consoles to only play the latest sport titles or gta, CoD etc etc and never touch or own a first party game.. Why didnt all them people just get a PC right?.

A good amount of console gamers have been and continue to transition to PC since the X360 generation. PC is growing more and more appealing over the generations. Microsoft, Sony and potentially Nintendo's support does have negative implications on hardware sales. It might be slight, or moderare, and it may be offset by Sony/Nintendo gaining new fans from PC and getting them to buy consoles for early access and/or portability. It's difficult to tell how it'll play out. Not even a day and date approach would be enough to "kill" consoles which are much cheaper, but a decline is possible.

And I'm not sure why you're assuming he is unhappy about it. I recently transitioned to PC, this doesn't mean I'm mad at Sony or anything of the sort. PC is a super appealing platform now, and it won me over for the first time in my 29 years of playing video games.



I don't know why people keep saying, "Sony is doing this to entice PC gamers to buy a PlayStation to play the sequels". You cannot be more wrong. PC gamers that don't buy consoles will continue to not buy consoles especially the Asian market. They refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a console for a game or two. They will either wait or just not bother, it's not like they have no other games to chose from. Sony will not lose consoles sales, they will just have higher software sales.



Sogreblute said:

I don't know why people keep saying, "Sony is doing this to entice PC gamers to buy a PlayStation to play the sequels". You cannot be more wrong. PC gamers that don't buy consoles will continue to not buy consoles especially the Asian market. They refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a console for a game or two. They will either wait or just not bother, it's not like they have no other games to chose from. Sony will not lose consoles sales, they will just have higher software sales.

You don't understand that different strategies can impact the decisions of some people?

I know someone who got Horizon on PC and loved it to bits, now he's looking forward to God of War on PC and is searching for a PS5. I also know a kid who sold his PS4 3 years ago and built a gaming PC with my brother's help and never looked back. So you're factually wrong. If Sony brings every game on PC day and date, I'd have literally zero reason to get a PS5 even though I've been with them since the PS1. The majority of people don't think like me but a lot of them do.

Last edited by Kyuu - on 23 October 2021

Kyuu said:
Sogreblute said:

I don't know why people keep saying, "Sony is doing this to entice PC gamers to buy a PlayStation to play the sequels". You cannot be more wrong. PC gamers that don't buy consoles will continue to not buy consoles especially the Asian market. They refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a console for a game or two. They will either wait or just not bother, it's not like they have no other games to chose from. Sony will not lose consoles sales, they will just have higher software sales.

You don't understand that different strategies can impact the decisions of some people?

I know someone who got Horizon on PC and loved it to bits, now he's looking forward to God of War on PC and is searching for a PS5. I also know a kid who sold his PS4 3 years ago and built a gaming PC with my brother's help and never looked back. So you're factually wrong. If Sony brings every game on PC day and date, I'd have literally zero reason to get a PS5 even though I've been with them since the PS1. The majority of people don't think like me but a lot of them do.

Oh I know there will be a few people who actually do get a PS4/5 for the sequels, but the vast majority will not bother at all. And there are those who will just get PS games on PC and not bother getting a PS5 even though they've owned previous systems. My point is what Sony is doing will not affect console sales or it will be just a fraction that it's not noticeable. Instead what they will see is their software sales are up.

But what you forget is the casual market is by far the biggest market. They don't care about exclusives, and will still buy the consoles. Your mindset is about the "hardcore" gamers which is literally a fraction of the entire video game market. They don't care about games going to PC, they will still buy the consoles.



Sogreblute said:
Kyuu said:

You don't understand that different strategies can impact the decisions of some people?

I know someone who got Horizon on PC and loved it to bits, now he's looking forward to God of War on PC and is searching for a PS5. I also know a kid who sold his PS4 3 years ago and built a gaming PC with my brother's help and never looked back. So you're factually wrong. If Sony brings every game on PC day and date, I'd have literally zero reason to get a PS5 even though I've been with them since the PS1. The majority of people don't think like me but a lot of them do.

Oh I know there will be a few people who actually do get a PS4/5 for the sequels, but the vast majority will not bother at all. And there are those who will just get PS games on PC and not bother getting a PS5 even though they've owned previous systems. My point is what Sony is doing will not affect console sales or it will be just a fraction that it's not noticeable. Instead what they will see is their software sales are up.

But what you forget is the casual market is by far the biggest market. They don't care about exclusives, and will still buy the consoles. Your mindset is about the "hardcore" gamers which is literally a fraction of the entire video game market. They don't care about games going to PC, they will still buy the consoles.

With Sony's new approach, the majority will stick to their platform of choice, no one argued otherwise. But putting their games on PC day and date should have a significant impact on console sales. At least a dozen million players would move to PC.

Sony's exclusives are huge now and are an undeniable driver for sales. Taking out exclusives off PS5 would hurt its sales potential. Exclusive deals wouldn't exist if they don't affect hardware or subscription sales.