By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War coming to PC January 14, 2022

I'm pretty excited about this! Also, this pretty much confirms I won't be buying PS in the future. If I can simply wait a few years for the games to come out on PC (and in superior form), then I can wait. I have plenty of Gamepass/Nintendo games to keep me busy in the meantime. So I'm now expecting GoW Rags to come out on PC in what, 2024? I can wait for that. Thank you Sony for making me not buy a PlayStation! I look forward to playing your games!

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

Wow.

Not sure I'm interested in God of War personally, but if even this is making it to PC, I can't see why any other Playstation exclusive wouldn't. I suppose they'll continue to have timed exclusives at least, but this is a really big deal.

If only we lived in a world where Nintendo also blessed us like this...

The only one I’d be surprised to see them port is Spider-Man considering how insane that game did I would guess they wanna keep it on lock but we shall see in due time

mZuzek said:

Wow.

Not sure I'm interested in God of War personally, but if even this is making it to PC, I can't see why any other Playstation exclusive wouldn't. I suppose they'll continue to have timed exclusives at least, but this is a really big deal.

If Sony's new approach doesn't have a perceived impact on console sales, and Horizon 2 and Ragnarok end up selling more than their predecessors (on PS5 alone), then Nintendo will definitely bless us. Although it'll be a slow and careful process that any hints of decline could have them pull a 180.

The thing is while introducing these games to PC gamers will undeniably hurt hardware sales to some extent, gaining new fans from PC will entice some of them to get a PS5/Switch for the early accessibility so it may even out even without the extra software sales taken into account.

I expect Spider-Man and Miles Morales to release on PC in the months leading to Spider-Man 2 on PS5.

Kyuu said:
mZuzek said:

Wow.

If Sony's new approach doesn't have a perceived impact on console sales, and Horizon 2 and Ragnarok end up selling more than their predecessors (on PS5 alone), then Nintendo will definitely bless us. Although it'll be a slow and careful process that any hints of decline could have them pull a 180.

The thing is while introducing these games to PC gamers will undeniably hurt hardware sales to some extent, gaining new fans from PC will entice some of them to get a PS5/Switch for the early accessibility so it may even out even without the extra software sales taken into account.

I expect Spider-Man and Miles Morales to release on PC in the months leading to Spider-Man 2 on PS5.

I hope you're right, but I really doubt it. Nintendo's way too protective of their content, and they know their exclusives are the only reason why they're in the hardware space at all. Whereas Sony can get away with it because their consoles sell regardless, that's really not the case with Nintendo. Besides, while there might be an argument for getting a PS5 being a cheaper option than a PC that can run PS5 (or even PS4) games, I don't think there's much of a case to be made there against the Switch, whose games likely run better on a calculator than on the console itself.

Well, I guess there's emulation.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

mZuzek said:
Kyuu said:

I hope you're right, but I really doubt it. Nintendo's way too protective of their content, and they know their exclusives are the only reason why they're in the hardware space at all. Whereas Sony can get away with it because their consoles sell regardless, that's really not the case with Nintendo. Besides, while there might be an argument for getting a PS5 being a cheaper option than a PC that can run PS5 (or even PS4) games, I don't think there's much of a case to be made there against the Switch, whose games likely run better on a calculator than on the console itself.

I think people overstate Nintendo's lack of consistency. Factoring in handheld sales, even Nintendo's worst generation was a fairly successful one.

Switch is a great hybrid. A slow and careful experimenting on PC shouldn't have any perceivable negative effect. If Sony significantly grows from their new approach, I'd honestly be shocked if Nintendo doesn't at least start experimenting, if maybe at a slower pace than Sony. Yes, there is risk involved but it's one worth taking (IF Sony succeeds). I think portability would in this case be a stronger selling point than whatever PS5 has to offer over PC.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
mZuzek said:

I think people overstate Nintendo's lack of consistency. Factoring in handheld sales, even Nintendo's worst generation was a fairly successful one.

Switch is a great hybrid. A slow and careful experimenting on PC shouldn't have any perceivable negative effect. If Sony significantly grows from their new approach, I'd honestly be shocked if Nintendo doesn't at least start experimenting, if maybe at a slower pace than Sony. Yes, there is risk involved but it's one worth taking (IF Sony succeeds). I think portability would in this case be a stronger selling point than whatever PS5 has to offer over PC.

I mean... even Nintendo's worst generation had Nintendo exclusives. That's where the power of their brand lies in. You see it time and time again, whether it's handheld or home console, whether it's a successful console or a failure, no matter what the system's best-selling games lists are always dominated by exclusives.

I do believe the Switch is an appealing product no matter what, it certainly is a better proposition than most of the hardware they've made, but I just can't see them giving up their exclusives.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

Kyuu said:
mZuzek said:

Wow.

Really hope you're right about Nintendo. Even if it were only ports of super old games it'd be great. I'd absolutely love to have Pokemon Red/Blue and Super Mario 64 on Steam!

gtotheunit91 said:
method114 said:

Guess I'll be replaying God of War next year. This is to close to Elden Ring though so it'll have to wait.

I mean, Elden Ring releases over a month after GoW. How long does it take you to play a game? lol 

Sorry, or did you not hear that Elden Ring got delayed into the latter half of February?

Oh, what? You just broke my heart, I need Elden Ring NOW. It's the only game I care about coming out :( 

TheTitaniumNub said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I mean, Elden Ring releases over a month after GoW. How long does it take you to play a game? lol 

Sorry, or did you not hear that Elden Ring got delayed into the latter half of February?

Oh, what? You just broke my heart, I need Elden Ring NOW. It's the only game I care about coming out :( 

Yes, I am sorry :( but if that extra time allows the game to be more polished at launch, it will have been worth it! 

I will be playing it on my Steamdeck awesome, probably at more performance that on PS4 wow!!

34 years playing games.