By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War coming to PC January 14, 2022

Sogreblute said:

I don't know why people keep saying, "Sony is doing this to entice PC gamers to buy a PlayStation to play the sequels". You cannot be more wrong. PC gamers that don't buy consoles will continue to not buy consoles especially the Asian market. They refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a console for a game or two. They will either wait or just not bother, it's not like they have no other games to chose from. Sony will not lose consoles sales, they will just have higher software sales.

Because Sony reps said so several times that their strategy is that, to bring some PS exclusives to PC to entice them to buy a console.

Kyuu said:
zero129 said:

First of all i dont know why you keep repeating the 4 year thing, and why thats such a problem for you if they come less then 4 years it means you can play all them games on pc even if day and date like you said you should be happy since you can now play ms and sony and with emulation nintendo games all on one system!. But you know what.. Most console gamers dont care for a PC, its just that simple. Otherwise Fifa, Cod etc all them big multi-plat games that sell more then first party titles and sell consoles. Im sure many people know that person who buys the new consoles to only play the latest sport titles or gta, CoD etc etc and never touch or own a first party game.. Why didnt all them people just get a PC right?.

A good amount of console gamers have been and continue to transition to PC since the X360 generation. PC is growing more and more appealing over the generations. Microsoft, Sony and potentially Nintendo's support does have negative implications on hardware sales. It might be slight, or moderare, and it may be offset by Sony/Nintendo gaining new fans from PC and getting them to buy consoles for early access and/or portability. It's difficult to tell how it'll play out. Not even a day and date approach would be enough to "kill" consoles which are much cheaper, but a decline is possible.

And I'm not sure why you're assuming he is unhappy about it. I recently transitioned to PC, this doesn't mean I'm mad at Sony or anything of the sort. PC is a super appealing platform now, and it won me over for the first time in my 29 years of playing video games.

Exactly. I wasn't complayining. It was just what I said I would do, I buy Sony consoles because of the exclusives, if they all go to PC in a short time frame then I'll buy a PC instead of PS console and will download their games instead of buying to PS, just that.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Sogreblute said:

I don't know why people keep saying, "Sony is doing this to entice PC gamers to buy a PlayStation to play the sequels". You cannot be more wrong. PC gamers that don't buy consoles will continue to not buy consoles especially the Asian market. They refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on a console for a game or two. They will either wait or just not bother, it's not like they have no other games to chose from. Sony will not lose consoles sales, they will just have higher software sales.

Because Sony reps said so several times that their strategy is that, to bring some PS exclusives to PC to entice them to buy a console.

Well they know nothing about PC gamers. That's their strategy, but it will not work. To sell you games to PC gamers you need to put it on PC. The vast majority will not get a console no matter what. Their strategy won't work. The best they can do is go day-n-date releases to maximize sales of their software. Their console sales won't change or it will be a fraction of a change.

Sogreblute said:
DonFerrari said:

Well they know nothing about PC gamers. That's their strategy, but it will not work. To sell you games to PC gamers you need to put it on PC. The vast majority will not get a console no matter what. Their strategy won't work. The best they can do is go day-n-date releases to maximize sales of their software. Their console sales won't change or it will be a fraction of a change.

That is your view, still I preffer to believe they have a very good strategy team, considering all the success they have made on PS4 and now 5. You asked why so many say it and now you have it, so you can either accept or keep complaining of people saying that is Sony strategy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

You're so wrong, so many PC gamers will love Horizon, god of war, that it will make them want a ps5 when they look at the other exclusives on the platform. A gamer usually tends to love good games. Hence why I also bought a switch even tough I already have a powerful PC and a PS5, because I like videogames, and there's more than enough exclusives to warrant a purchase, then again, I get around 2500 dollars savings per month, I could buy all 3 platforms with 1 months savings. And I believe there's a lot of PC gamers, who spent 2000dollars on their PC who wouldn't mind paying 500 for a ps5.

Kyuu said:
Sogreblute said:

Oh I know there will be a few people who actually do get a PS4/5 for the sequels, but the vast majority will not bother at all. And there are those who will just get PS games on PC and not bother getting a PS5 even though they've owned previous systems. My point is what Sony is doing will not affect console sales or it will be just a fraction that it's not noticeable. Instead what they will see is their software sales are up.

But what you forget is the casual market is by far the biggest market. They don't care about exclusives, and will still buy the consoles. Your mindset is about the "hardcore" gamers which is literally a fraction of the entire video game market. They don't care about games going to PC, they will still buy the consoles.

With Sony's new approach, the majority will stick to their platform of choice, no one argued otherwise. But putting their games on PC day and date should have a significant impact on console sales. At least a dozen million players would move to PC.

Sony's exclusives are huge now and are an undeniable driver for sales. Taking out exclusives off PS5 would hurt its sales potential. Exclusive deals wouldn't exist if they don't affect hardware or subscription sales.

Quite the contrary it won't have much, if any negative impact on consoles sales. If anything this might actually drive up sales in the long term due to them opening up the games to a larger audience and give the games/franchises more exposure. Like the people who don't currently have PS console to play it on now have the chance to experience the first GoW. And might want to get a PS4 or PS5 when the Ragnarok releases.

Like I'm a primarily a PC gamer and I still get consoles for the exclusives. I'm sure as hell not waiting years to enjoy my hobby. To each to their own, going to double dip on this too once price drops :P

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
zero129 said:

First of all i dont know why you keep repeating the 4 year thing, and why thats such a problem for you if they come less then 4 years it means you can play all them games on pc even if day and date like you said you should be happy since you can now play ms and sony and with emulation nintendo games all on one system!. But you know what.. Most console gamers dont care for a PC, its just that simple. Otherwise Fifa, Cod etc all them big multi-plat games that sell more then first party titles and sell consoles. Im sure many people know that person who buys the new consoles to only play the latest sport titles or gta, CoD etc etc and never touch or own a first party game.. Why didnt all them people just get a PC right?.

A good amount of console gamers have been and continue to transition to PC since the X360 generation. PC is growing more and more appealing over the generations. Microsoft, Sony and potentially Nintendo's support does have negative implications on hardware sales. It might be slight, or moderare, and it may be offset by Sony/Nintendo gaining new fans from PC and getting them to buy consoles for early access and/or portability. It's difficult to tell how it'll play out. Not even a day and date approach would be enough to "kill" consoles which are much cheaper, but a decline is possible.

And I'm not sure why you're assuming he is unhappy about it. I recently transitioned to PC, this doesn't mean I'm mad at Sony or anything of the sort. PC is a super appealing platform now, and it won me over for the first time in my 29 years of playing video games.

The is nothing the console makers can do about this. As more and more kids get more and more smart and into tech and learn the is a system that can give them everything the consoles can and more sure they are going to be switching. Kids today are much more into that then before.

He is clearly unhappy and im not even assuming its facts look in all his posts on this. 4 or 5 years, sooner they are gone ill switch to pc blah blah.

Thats clearly someone who is a fan of something who is not happy with the change and is saying how they will switch if the change gets any worse for them or their fav platform (even if they wont change). I mean if he wanted a pc he should have one by now. Its clearly becoming the only system you need .

Sogreblute said:

This is so much truth. Sony fans think sony are only doing this now to make PC gamers buy a PS5 for Gow2 etc. Clearly if any other sony game that PC gamers played with their friends etc didnt make them buy a console this wont. Its not like years ago where most 3rd partys would have their games on consoles and not on pc. All consoles have now are their own first party exclusives, and we all know other then Nintendo no body buys PS or Xbox just for their exclusives other then Hardcore fans. Now them same Sony hardcore fans are crying if games come day and date to another platform. Cant imagine how the movie or music industry would of evolved if everything was kept behind walled gardens with fans crying about something going on another platform day and date. Its only the console fanboys that do this. No other form of entertainment has fanboys that complain about something going somewhere else as much as the console industry.

Kyuu said:
Sogreblute said:

You don't understand that different strategies can impact the decisions of some people?

I know someone who got Horizon on PC and loved it to bits, now he's looking forward to God of War on PC and is searching for a PS5. I also know a kid who sold his PS4 3 years ago and built a gaming PC with my brother's help and never looked back. So you're factually wrong. If Sony brings every game on PC day and date, I'd have literally zero reason to get a PS5 even though I've been with them since the PS1. The majority of people don't think like me but a lot of them do.

Them people where never proper PC users or gamers to begain with. a PC user that likes console games too will have a console. a person thats been playing on pc for ages doesnt just wake up and say "OMG this one game makes me want to buy this console" it just doesnt happen sorry..

Also i've seen enough post from you hear to know how much of a Sony fan you are, If your not on pc by now you will always own a Sony system even if their games come day and date with pc. You guys are like that crying person that says if you dont do what i want ill go somewhere else. they dont get what they want but they still stick around.

DonFerrari said:

Sogreblute said:

Kyuu said:

Exactly. I wasn't complayining. It was just what I said I would do, I buy Sony consoles because of the exclusives, if they all go to PC in a short time frame then I'll buy a PC instead of PS console and will download their games instead of buying to PS, just that.

1.Can you show me where anyone in Sony said that about trying to make PC gamers switch to PS system?.

2. You sound exactly like i said so i dont know how you can say your not upset when if Sony games go to PC you will buy a PC and pirate their games instead of giving your money to something you enjoy anyways. I mean could you not just buy a PC and then buy Sony games?. Or is this some sly shot at PC saying Sony games go to PC PC users wont buy them anyways they just download them for free!. Well clearly thats not the case as PC users are buying the games otherwise they wouldnt keep coming.

hinch said:
Kyuu said:

With Sony's new approach, the majority will stick to their platform of choice, no one argued otherwise. But putting their games on PC day and date should have a significant impact on console sales. At least a dozen million players would move to PC.

Sony's exclusives are huge now and are an undeniable driver for sales. Taking out exclusives off PS5 would hurt its sales potential. Exclusive deals wouldn't exist if they don't affect hardware or subscription sales.

Quite the contrary it won't have much, if any negative impact on consoles sales. If anything this might actually drive up sales in the long term due to them opening up the games to a larger audience and give the games/franchises more exposure. Like the people who don't currently have PS console to play it on now have the chance to experience the first GoW. And might want to get a PS4 or PS5 when the Ragnarok releases.

Like I'm a primarily a PC gamer and I still get consoles for the exclusives. I'm sure as hell not waiting years to enjoy my hobby. To each to their own, going to double dip on this too once price drops :P

You agree with me then. I was referring to a potential day and date style (zero 1st party exclusives, timed or otherwise).

zero129 said:
Sogreblute said:

This is so much truth. Sony fans think sony are only doing this now to make PC gamers buy a PS5 for Gow2 etc. Clearly if any other sony game that PC gamers played with their friends etc didnt make them buy a console this wont. Its not like years ago where most 3rd partys would have their games on consoles and not on pc. All consoles have now are their own first party exclusives, and we all know other then Nintendo no body buys PS or Xbox just for their exclusives other then Hardcore fans. Now them same Sony hardcore fans are crying if games come day and date to another platform. Cant imagine how the movie or music industry would of evolved if everything was kept behind walled gardens with fans crying about something going on another platform day and date. Its only the console fanboys that do this. No other form of entertainment has fanboys that complain about something going somewhere else as much as the console industry.

The only one crying here is you mate (well... and my niece who I'm about to look after). I may or may not reply to your nonsense later.