By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - VGChartz Sales Comparison Charts September 2021 Discussion Thread

Xbone got a boost this month (aligned) so XS gained only slightly; Destiny launch?

Around the Network

not bad at all for the series X/s

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:

The PS5 is tracking ~3% ahead of its predecessor, the XSX|S is ~28% ahead of the Xbox One. These values won't change much in the final month of these consoles' first year, so combined they'll likely be ahead of last generation by ~10% through the first 12 months.

Through 11 months, the PS4 had beaten the Xbox One by a ratio of just above 2:1. The PS5 has beaten the XSX|S by a ratio of just above 1.6:1, so that's a notable difference and might deserve a bump of the thread that proclaimed that the ratio will remain virtually the same.

That calls for a comparison PS4+XBone -vs- PS5+XSeries ^^

trunkswd said:
DaAndy said:

That calls for a comparison PS4+XBone -vs- PS5+XSeries ^^

That is a good comparison. I'll add it to the list of ideas for comparison articles. 

Still hoping we get Xbox Series vs 3DS given that's the next system up from Xbone that we have tracking for. :)

trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

Still hoping we get Xbox Series vs 3DS given that's the next system up from Xbone that we have tracking for. :)

I've got it written down. I am just not sure it will be very popular views wise. 

I feel like because it's comparing two brands, much like PS4 vs DS, it should draw interest from both Nintendo and Xbox fans.

Around the Network

Chicho said:

Love this.

The Wii will fall to the Switch soon with the PS1 not far behind.

The Switch will go from being just under 12 million behind to at least over 40 million ahead at the end of its life which is quite the comeback against a console as successful as the Wii.

I'll always love the Wii, and it deserved its 100 million+ success, but it's the Switch's time to shine now.