By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Next James Bond?

So Daniel Craig is officially hanging up the tuxedo with the release of No Time to Die. There's been a lot of speculation since Skyfall as to who would succeed him in the role. A decade later it will finally be time to start getting serious about his replacement for the enduring role.

Who would you like to see play James Bond next? There was a lot of buzz about Idris Elba before the studio shot that down. Do you think they'll change their mind? I've also heard suggestions for less conventional choices like Tom Hiddleston (which I have trouble imagining). Personally I always thought Michael Fassbender would be a great pick for the role (even if he's Irish rather than English/Scottish):

Of course, if they're feeling bold, I think the best choice is obvious:

Around the Network

I'd pay to see a James Bond movie with Nicolas Cage.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

There are rumours that Henry Cavill is also in the running. My money is on Henry to take it.

For some reason Cavill slipped my mind. He would make a great Bond too, though he kinda already played one as Napoleon Solo in The Man from UNCLE and he is already keeping busy. Would be cool, though.

Cavill is too buff and young. If we go for someone like that, Robert Pattinson could do it.

Gotta be a 50 year old spy like man. More gaunt than normal. Fassbender would definitely be good.

Around the Network

I'd like to see Tom Hardy in the role tbh. Might be a weird choice, but i'd be very into it.
Wouldnt mind Fassbender either. Henry Cavil ehhh... not so much.
Vanessa Kirby if they go the "woke" route and cast a female Bond, who knows, the world is weird now.

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 13 October 2021

My #1 pick for a long time has been Elba, but I think the producers missed their chance. At 49 I don't know how much longevity he'd have. It's a bummer because he would have been amazing.

I think Cavill would be a poor choice. Physically he looks the part, but he is not a very good actor.

What about someone like James Norton? He recently stole the show in The Nevers. He's young and still relatively unknown.

They will choose a woman to be modern and it will cause a uproar.

Last edited by Leynos - on 13 October 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Henry Cavill is my top choice.

I also feel bad for him because WB totally screwed up his reign as Superman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

For Cavill to get it he would have to commit to the Witcher series and any other franchise obligations (any more Superman stuff) to be secondary to the Bond schedule and I don't know if that's possible if Netflix is planning many seasons of the Witcher which they probably are.

This is a similar reason why Pierce Brosnan did not get the Bond role in the 80s, he was tied into a TV contract and could not get out of it so the Bond producers went with Timothy Dalton instead. Brosnan would finally get a crack at the role in the mid-90s.

Bond movies have to be in theaters every 2-3 years and they take about a year to shoot, so you can't really have a regular TV series going on at the same time I don't think. Your schedule as a Bond actor is basically Bond comes first and then you can do other stuff but only in your free time when Bond isn't shooting. 

Though I do remember when this happened the last time, no one thought Daniel Craig was a serious contender and that guys like Clive Owen were supposed to be the favorite.