By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD 2021 thread

Zippy6 said:
trunkswd said:

I just want to mention that our system automatically decides what weeks go into each months and it has the final week of NPD's September in October. So when you add up the 5 weeks for the NPD period we have the following estimates:

• PS5 - 421K
  • NS - 410K
  • XSX|S - 311K

Oooh so the months on the hardware tool don't always match npd. Thanks for letting me know.

Sadly not. I try to make sure when doing the monthly charts to add the missing week. If it was possible to manually change what weeks are in each month for the hardware tool I would do it. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Really great to see Tales of doing so well

So can we get a hardware estimate? Donny seems to have retired, but I wonder if someone else will take over.

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

if you all are very interested about NPD discussion i suggest you to join install base it's the perfect place to talk about it.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

So can we get a hardware estimate? Donny seems to have retired, but I wonder if someone else will take over.

I don't think he was going to retire until the end of the year?

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Who's Donny

Link_Nines.XBC said:

Who's Donny

He does the RestEra prediction thread every month. 

trunkswd said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Who's Donny

Oh, I see. So I'm guessing that without that prediction thread we can't have any estimations, can we?

Link_Nines.XBC said:
trunkswd said:

Oh, I see. So I'm guessing that without that prediction thread we can't have any estimations, can we?

VGChartz will keep doing our own hardware estimates. But yes, unless someone takes over there won't be anymore estimates from ResetEra. I will admit the less data we have the harder it will be to do our estimates.

Right now Japan and Spain are the only places we get consistent hardware data from, and we get decent enough numbers from the UK for monthly data. Each quarter we get Nintendo and Sony shipment numbers. I also use historical data for our estimates. Ie. how have sales been this year compared to the previous two years and how much have PS5 and Xbox Series X|S been above or below their predecessors. 

Ryng said:

if you all are very interested about NPD discussion i suggest you to join install base it's the perfect place to talk about it.

Trying but still awaiting approval.