By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD 2021 thread

Resetera was sold? When was that?

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:

A little over 2 weeks ago to M.O.B.A. Network for 4.5 million.

Thankfully, Donny was still there.And  that Peek-a-boo!'s prediction was perfect.

Here is his prediction.

[NSW] 380K
[PS5] 420K
[XBS] 250K

On the other hand, in vgc 

NSW 330492

PS5 334553

XBS 245390

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 30 October 2021

Kyuu said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Thankfully, Donny was still there.And  that Peek-a-boo!'s prediction was perfect.

Here is his prediction.

[NSW] 380K
[PS5] 420K
[XBS] 250K

On the other hand, in vgc 

NSW 330492

PS5 334553

XBS 245390

I think VGChartz' tool is missing a week. PS5 tracking is spot on (post adjustments), Switch and especially Xbox are overtracked.

These are the Numbers before adjustment  according to zippy6

NSW:329k

PS5:315k

XBS:245k

Even if we revise it to 5 weeks, it's going to be a completely different number than npd.

jlauro said:
Kakadu18 said:

A little over 2 weeks ago to M.O.B.A. Network for 4.5 million.

That site is worth that much? What a waste of money.

Around the Network

These are the numbers from Xevross. Probably the correct number for this thread.

355k < Switch < 387k
404k < PS5 < 425k
226k < XBS < 258k

Kyuu said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

These are the numbers from Xevross. Probably the correct number for this thread.

355k < Switch < 387k
404k < PS5 < 425k
226k < XBS < 258k

I'm curious as to why VGC chose to bump up their Series XS estimates worldwide following MS' earnings report which imo showed a likely global overtracking...

For July-Sept:

-Playstation reported a 287% hardware revenue increase YoY.

-Xbox reported a 166% hardware revenue increase YoY.

PS4 reported a weak 393 million $ hardware revenue last year. Xbox didn't report hw revenues but we can extrapolate from NPD's sell through data and common sense that it was a lot lower than Playstation's (Maybe around 200-250 million $).

NPD 2020 sell through:

July
PS4 150k
XB1 17k

August
PS4 197k
XB1 45k

September
PS4 160K
XB1 91K

And NPD only covers Xbox's strongest market...

Other factors worth mentioning is the average Xbox One price being much lower than Series XS (Xbox One X was discontinued in July last year) and maybe even lower than PS4's. The numbers just don't add up!

I find this happens more so now because this site likes to keep in line with John Welfare's Twitter account..

Blood_Tears said:
Kyuu said:

I'm curious as to why VGC chose to bump up their Series XS estimates worldwide following MS' earnings report which imo showed a likely global overtracking...

For July-Sept:

PS4 reported a weak 393 million $ hardware revenue last year. Xbox didn't report hw revenues but we can extrapolate from NPD's sell through data and common sense that it was a lot lower than Playstation's (Maybe around 200-250 million $).

NPD 2020 sell through:

July
PS4 150k
XB1 17k

August
PS4 197k
XB1 45k

September
PS4 160K
XB1 91K

Other factors worth mentioning is the average Xbox One price being much lower than Series XS (Xbox One X was discontinued in July last year) and maybe even lower than PS4's. The numbers just don't add up!

I find this happens more so now because this site likes to keep in line with John Welfare's Twitter account..

This was Welfare's prediction. Looks like a completely different number than vgc.

[PS5] 450K   (vgc) 315k
[NSW] 330K  (vgc)329k
[XBS] 295K   (vgc)245k

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 30 October 2021

Kyuu said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

355k < Switch < 387k
404k < PS5 < 425k
226k < XBS < 258k

For July-Sept:

NPD 2020 sell through:

July
PS4 150k
XB1 17k

August
PS4 197k
XB1 45k

September
PS4 160K
XB1 91K

Thank you. I just saw the article.

The Xbox business is full of uncertainties, so official figures like this are really valuable.

Trunkswd is not using my predictions I made weeks ago to estimate NPD.

And just for context since I've been brought up, even though I overestimated September (only because I raised Xbox when I raised PS5) my estimate for Xbox hardware revenue was actually lower by a bit. I think I put on Twitter +135% when it was actually +166%

Xbox does better worldwide now. US isn't +50% of total share anymore.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287