By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September NPD 2021 thread

The guy who did the NPD thread on Resetera left the site, I think. It was mentioned in the last Media Create thread there

Around the Network

Hmm, I don't know if Donny left after all or if he's still here.
The thread doesn't seem to have been updated until today.

The key question is whether we will still be able to get hardware estimates after he leaves.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 28 October 2021

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

The answer is InstallBaseForum.

Elputoxd said:

The guy who did the NPD thread on Resetera left the site, I think. It was mentioned in the last Media Create thread there

I read something about it... correct me if wrong.
Apparently a mod. acted "authoritatively" and was bragging on the discord and saying some very not nice things. The event was revealed and considered inappropriate, then there was no punishment for the "mod", apologies were expressed by some Reset Era staff members, but several people offended by the event did not consider "the apologies" sufficient and left Reset Era.
It seems to me that since the Reset Era was sold "controversial" events have been happening.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 29 October 2021

GoTY 2022:

Manlytears said:
Elputoxd said:

Apparently a mod. acted "authoritatively" and was bragging on the discord and saying some very not nice things. The event was revealed and considered inappropriate, then there was no punishment for the "mod", apologies were expressed by some Reset Era staff members, but several people offended by the event did not consider "the apologies" sufficient and left Reset Era.
It seems to me that since the Reset Era was sold "controversial" events have been happening.

This happened before Reset Era was sold. 2 moderators acted terribly and had to quit for the incident. Including one moderator calling users "manbabies" and "cunts" on a discord server. Reset Era bans users for offsite conduct so moderators also need to behave appropriately offsite.

Gamerscore:20,000  -  Trophies:3,800 -  Nintendo Awards: -1

My Xbox Series S is my baby. It grew up into an X.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:
Manlytears said:

This happened before Reset Era was sold. 2 moderators acted terribly and had to quit for the incident. Including one moderator calling users "manbabies" and "cunts" on a discord server. Reset Era bans users for offsite conduct so moderators also need to behave appropriately offsite.

good to know, thanks.

GoTY 2022:

Resetera was sold? When was that?

Donny is still on Era. He just doesn't show up regularly. He set up the September prediction thread after the incident that led to Install Base being created, and was last online on the site on the 18th. I imagine he'll show back up soon to post the results for the September thread.

Visit http://shadowofthevoid.wordpress.com

In accordance to the VGC forum rules, §8.5, I hereby exercise my right to demand to be left alone regarding the subject of the effects of the pandemic on video game sales (i.e., "COVID bump").

Kakadu18 said:

Resetera was sold? When was that?

A little over 2 weeks ago to M.O.B.A. Network for 4.5 million.

Thankfully, Donny was still there.And  that Peek-a-boo!'s prediction was perfect.

Here is his prediction.

[NSW] 380K
[PS5] 420K
[XBS] 250K

On the other hand, in vgc 

NSW 330492

PS5 334553

XBS 245390

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 30 October 2021

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m