By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition Announced for PC, PS4, PS5, X1, XSX, NSW for 2021

Where Do Plan To Get Grand Theft Auto The Trilogy?

Switch 20 54.05%

PS4 0 0%

PS5 4 10.81%

Xbox One 1 2.70%

Xbox Series X 0 0%

PC 3 8.11%

Not Interested 7 18.92%

See Results 2 5.41%

Total:37

"Later this month marks a very special anniversary for Rockstar Games: 20 years since the original release of Grand Theft Auto III — the game that set players loose in the sprawling, three-dimensional metropolis of Liberty City with a new and unprecedented sense of freedom and immersion. In addition to carving a new path for the open world genre, Grand Theft Auto III established Grand Theft Auto as a cultural phenomenon, alongside its two subsequent — and equally legendary — entries in the series, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

We'd like to extend a heartfelt thank you to all the Grand Theft Auto fans who have supported the games over the past two decades. Your love and appreciation for these games has helped push the Grand Theft Auto series forward with every iteration"

"In honor of the upcoming anniversary, today we are excited to announce that all three games will be coming to current generation platforms later this year in Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and the Rockstar Games Launcher on PC. Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will feature across-the-board upgrades including graphical improvements and modern gameplay enhancements for all three titles, while still maintaining the classic look and feel of the originals. We're extremely excited to share more about these groundbreaking titles in the coming weeks — stay tuned!"

"To prepare for launch, we will begin removing existing versions of the classic titles from digital retailers next week. For more information, please visit Rockstar Games Support. In addition, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition will be coming to iOS and Android in the first half of 2022."

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/3933o7ko43o839/grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition-and-more-coming-so?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=o_social&utm_campaign=trilogy_announcement_comingsoon-20211008

If the updates to the game are very noticeable with the graphics and game play, I might actually get this. Hopefully they actually put the game on a game cart and don't make us download the whole thing on Switch.

Last edited by cycycychris - on 08 October 2021

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

Around the Network

So they're doing enhancements but want them to retain the look and feel of the originals... why do I get the feeling they're just gonna' be upscaled and in widescreen? o.O

Bristow9091 said:

So they're doing enhancements but want them to retain the look and feel of the originals... why do I get the feeling they're just gonna' be upscaled and in widescreen? o.O

Yeah... it does sound like a quick cashgrab. If it would be anything more, we would have heard about it for at least a year now, just to generate hype.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Not sure if its considered a bold prediction but I think Switch will be the best selling SKU provided it holds up well performance wise.

I don't really need to play a remaster of PS2 game in 4k, but casually having it on the go will be a blast

Need to expand the options to include  PS6, Switch 2, and Xbox Series Y|Z.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

Why do you think they're removing the original versions off all digital storefronts next week? lol

Of course this is a cash grab.

Angelus said:
Bristow9091 said:

Why do you think they're removing the original versions off all digital storefronts next week? lol

Wasn't aware of that lol, but yeah that pretty much confirms it then

Angelus said:
Bristow9091 said:

Damn... that's one shitty move on their part.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
Angelus said:

Damn... that's one shitty move on their part.

It's also a very typical move, and one that makes me very reluctant to buy remastered version at any price. Most notably for me, Beamdog did the same with the original Baldur's Gate games (and other related D&D games). I haven't bought a thing from Beamdog and probably will not ever do so because releasing lazy remastered versions of old games just to multiply the prices is simply despicable. (That said, this is easier because I already owned the originals.)

Bristow9091 said:

It doesn't give me a large amount of confidence that they are going to do a lot when we don't even get a screenshot or trailer upon reveal. Especially since this is to release in like a month.

I don't expect a spyro or crash sort of change to the game. If they put it into a new engine though, we could get similar results to Saints Row the Third on ps5 and Xbox series X

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together