By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. Thoughts on the game?

Tagged games:

Great game loved it. For some reason I haven't been able to get into the other titles. Something about the open world I don't like. I guess I liked the way Batman was trapped inside the Asylum. I've tried to get into City about 2-3 times now and I always just give up.

Around the Network

Finished it.

Really good game. It definitely becomes a bit repetitive after halfway through it, but overall, I enjoyed it a lot.

Might play this again to see how it holds up. It is my fav out of those Rocksteady games. I think i just preferred the limitations the hardware had. Somehow with PS4 gen, they went, oh we can do open world games with stronger hardware. So, we must make all games open world.

More confined and linear can be fun too. Even more fun for me. Oh well.

CaptainExplosion said:

Haven't played it. Only care about it because it brought back Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamill as The Joker.

You're missing out! Funny enough, one of my favorite gaming podcasts put out a YouTube video yesterday reviewing Arkham Asylum and why it's still a masterpiece lol Why Batman: Arkham Asylum is Still a Masterpiece - The Arkham Files Ep. 1 - YouTube

I'd listen to the video rather than watching it as there's definitely spoilers lol

Favorite in the series. Bless games that aren't open world because reasons.

Around the Network

I have not been able to get back into any batman game since playing Arkham Knight. I don't know what it is about Arkham Knight, but whenever I want to play a Batman game, I'm playing that, and not any of the others. I just can't do it. I have no issues with the driving portions.

One of my absolute favorites and it absolutely still holds up.

m0ney said:

It blew everyone's mind in 2009. It used to be my fav but I recently replayed it on PS4 and now it is Origins > City > Asylum for me. As for The Batmobile: The Game, I can't get into it, I like racing games but tank simulators not so much.

Tank simulator is being generous. More like find a parking space simulator.

d21lewis said:

Good to know you're still alive saves me money on a bouquet. seriously missed you

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
d21lewis said:

Good to know you're still alive saves me money on a bouquet. seriously missed you

They had me in prison. Something about rigging the 2008 presidential election. I mean, I absolutely did it and I'm guilty but they decided that it didn't make a difference and set me free.

It's good to be home!