By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. Thoughts on the game?

Tagged games:

I had tried Batman: Arkham Asylum some years ago, but for some reason that I can't remember, I gave up after a couple of hours.

This game is in my "must finish" list for quite a long time, so I decided to finally pick it up and play. I'm only 11% done. I'm definitely not going to 100%, but I'm trying my best to get the most of it (The Riddles are a bit of fun. I keep scanning the areas to see if there are subjects near).

Just finished the first battle against the Scarecrow (I love the "horror" theme when this guy is near), and rescued Gordon. Gameplay is really, really good in my opinion.

I remember when this game released, a popular morning TV Show here in Brazil decided to show the new consoles, and they had a PS3 with Batman: Arkham Asylum at the studio to show how the new generation made the games even better. But the hosts had a bit of problem trying to play it, haha. I was a teen back then.

Do you like this game?

Around the Network

It blew everyone's mind in 2009. It used to be my fav but I recently replayed it on PS4 and now it is Origins > City > Asylum for me. As for The Batmobile: The Game, I can't get into it, I like racing games but tank simulators not so much.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

It's a great game and a great series in general. Honestly I would probably put it as Knight > Asylum > City > Origins. But I'm in the minority on Arkham Knight I think.

Just love the world of batman and Asylum is a great game that keeps the world basic and focused rather than having a large open world which makes it a lot easier to execute a great game.

Been quite a few years since I played this but this is probably my favourite of the series. The one thing I disliked about the later Arkham is that they became a bit unfocused and convoluted with a lot of padding; which this doesn't suffer from. The graphics have aged quite a bit mind, as have the character models - which do have that bulky, UE3 engine look of that gen. Great game though and one of my top games of that generation.

Last edited by hinch - on 04 October 2021

I played it under peer pressure, frankly it felt like a slower and darker assassins creed, driving missions suck balls

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

The start of one of the best superhero video game franchise. Love the story and love the stealth combat system. Probably my 2nd fav in the series after Arkham City.

Excellent game. the Metroidvania like exploration was really good.

I really enjoyed it. It's my favorite in the series. City is also very good but I liked Asylum's focus better. I quit halfway through Knight.

Signature goes here!

Definitely a fantastic game. Back in '09, it was the hottest game out. City is by far my favorite though. Then Asylum. While Knight was good, it was cluttered with Batmobile missions and such. Too much to be honest. Still a great series from Rocksteady.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Definitely my favorite in the Arkham series and probably my second my favorite superhero game ever behind 2018's Spider-Man. Sure, there's aspects of it that are showing their age, but the voice acting, story, music, gameplay, and just the general atmosphere have aged like a fine wine! Minus a single boss fight, which I won't spoil.

I've 100% completed the game on several occasions over the years, but about once a year, especially around Halloween ;) I'll boot it up and give it a quick playthrough!