By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Herman Hulst confirms that PlayStation is not done with acquisitions yet

one japanese dev. that is very small but have gigantic level o talent... Vanillaware.
I believe it would be very cheap to buy the studio, and it would be possible to make a fantastic RPG with Sony's support.

Around the Network

What big company is ever finished with aquisitions?

None, of course.

Leynos said:
src said:

FF16 - timed exclusive

FF7R - timed exclusive

Forspoken - timed exclusive

Babylon - console exclusive

KH and Nier could also be timed exlcusive.

Pretty much their entire Japanese division is all in on Playstation. How can anyone call this close with Xbox LOL

SE would never sell Crystal Dynamics, they make Tomb Raider an incredibly strong IP.

Sony has $40B in cash. They can buy SE in cash the next day lol

Eh you're forgetting a bunch of Switch Exclusives and Switch support. More of Japan supports Switch now than PS. PS is pretty much a western brand now. KH and Nier already on Xbox. So is DQ.  Your last sentence is that of someone who doesn't understand how money works.

Lmao what?

Switch misses a ton more and way more popular Japanese games than Playstation does hahaha

FF16, FF7R, Forspoken, KH3, Babylon, Nier, RE8, RE2R, MHW, DMCV, SF5, Pragmata, Tekken, Ace Combat, Scarlet Nexus, Tales, Elden Ring, Yakuza, Persona 5R, Judgement, Sakura Wars, Demon Slayer, Nioh, Falcom games.

Its not even close. Also do entertain us on why you think a company with $40B cash cannot finance a M&A of a $6B company.

And Sony censors Japanese games where Nintendo does not. The switch is the best-selling system in Japan and I don't see Bayonetta, Ocotopath Traveler, Triangle Strategy, Bravely Default II, Shin Megami Tensei V just to name a few but there are more missing from Sony platforms. Make no mistake all those games you mentioned would be on Switch but it's a technical issue, not a market issue as it would be with Xbox. I know in your eyes and avatar Sony is the savior of gaming and all but they are not the most popular brand in Japan and you still have no clue how money works.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

This is one of those irritating topics. Take Square Enix of the List of potential buyouts. Never going to happen.

Major Japanese developers WILL NOT BE BOUGHT.

SQUARE ENIX
CAPCOM
SEGA
KONAMI
NAMCO BANDAI

Take these companies off your list. These companies would more than likely merge with one another or an outside gaming entity, than be bought by SON/NIN/MS.

Around the Network
Xxain said:

This is one of those irritating topics. Take Square Enix of the List of potential buyouts. Never going to happen.

Major Japanese developers WILL NOT BE BOUGHT.

SQUARE ENIX
CAPCOM
SEGA
KONAMI
NAMCO BANDAI

Take these companies off your list. These companies would more than likely merge with one another or an outside gaming entity, than be bought by SON/NIN/MS.

I agree with most of what you said. However, I'm not so sure about Sega. I mean I hope not. That way games can still be multiplat. Still though. You never know.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Leynos said:

And Sony censors Japanese games where Nintendo does not. The switch is the best-selling system in Japan and I don't see Bayonetta, Ocotopath Traveler, Triangle Strategy, Bravely Default II, Shin Megami Tensei V just to name a few but there are more missing from Sony platforms. Make no mistake all those games you mentioned would be on Switch but it's a technical issue, not a market issue as it would be with Xbox. I know in your eyes and avatar Sony is the savior of gaming and all but they are not the most popular brand in Japan and you still have no clue how money works.

Sorry but this list would be destroyed alone with either any numbered FF or Persona. You may prefer these titles, but to say that PS is losing more big IPs than Nintendo from Japanese devs is just wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

src said:
Leynos said:

Eh you're forgetting a bunch of Switch Exclusives and Switch support. More of Japan supports Switch now than PS. PS is pretty much a western brand now. KH and Nier already on Xbox. So is DQ.  Your last sentence is that of someone who doesn't understand how money works.

Lmao what?

Switch misses a ton more and way more popular Japanese games than Playstation does hahaha

FF16, FF7R, Forspoken, KH3, Babylon, Nier, RE8, RE2R, MHW, DMCV, SF5, Pragmata, Tekken, Ace Combat, Scarlet Nexus, Tales, Elden Ring, Yakuza, Persona 5R, Judgement, Sakura Wars, Demon Slayer, Nioh, Falcom games.

Its not even close. Also do entertain us on why you think a company with $40B cash cannot finance a M&A of a $6B company.

Only reason those 3rd party games aren't on Switch is due to hardware limitations and occasional timed exclusive, not because developers want to skip it. Switch is by far the more popular hardware in Japan, and software sales crush all other consoles there. 

double post. 

DonFerrari said:
Leynos said:

Sorry but this list would be destroyed alone with either any numbered FF or Persona. You may prefer these titles, but to say that PS is losing more big IPs than Nintendo from Japanese devs is just wrong.

Never said Sony would lose them. Saying it's only hardware restrictions keeping those games off Switch the best selling system in Japan.

Sony has not been kind to Japanese devs last few years but Nintendo https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/q631od/cyberconnect2_ceo_published_a_letter_thanking/

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!