By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Herman Hulst confirms that PlayStation is not done with acquisitions yet

src said:
Manlytears said:

I ask dear colleagues, how much is Capcom worth today? And kadokawa (since buying only Fromsoftware would be nearly impossible), how much would the entire Kadokawa conglomerate be worth?

If you ask me... Capcom > Zenimax / From Software > Bethesda Softworks.

SE = 6.31B, Capcom = 5.8B , Bethesda was bough for 7.5B

Kadokawa  = 4B iirc

Thanks.
Capcom: A "hypothetical" 6B on capcom... not sure it's a good deal. Resident Evil and Monster Hunter are big, Street Fighter, DMC are very solid, and Cacom in house talen is great, they can create some amazing games, but 6B!? damn, that's alot of money!

Kadokawa+From : About Kadokawa... the thing is more complex here. In my view From Software is an icing on the cake, the real gold would be all of kadokawa's anime/movie/entertainment productions. With that, I think Sony is the only one among the "Big 3" that would be interested in buying Kadokawa and buying "only From Software" is unlikely.

Square Enix : SE is a trap for Sony, it would be very expensive and not much would change.... Their games Sell best on Playstation, no one would buy SE and put away the place where 70% of sales come from.

Around the Network

That is very obvious, they will always be open to purchase as long as it meets their goals.
But I wouldn`t expect no studio that isn`t mainly 2nd party to them. And well saying Sony should be passive so MS not be even more agressive on their 3rd party purchase makes 0 sense.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

vonny said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Microsoft could buy Sony and SE the next day, what's your point? lol

They couldn't, it would never be approved. The sell of a Japanese company would never be approved for a foreign takeover

Foreign?  Sony is Japanese 

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
vonny said:

They couldn't, it would never be approved. The sell of a Japanese company would never be approved for a foreign takeover

Yes, that is a literal definition of foreign when compared to the US-based Microsoft. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
vonny said:

The thing was MS forcefully buying Sony.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
vonny said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Microsoft could buy Sony and SE the next day, what's your point? lol

Sharp was a big Japanese company taken over in 2016 by Foxconn.

Camoflaj is the most realistic near term purchase, imo. Sony has shown that they are willing to invest in their VR output after buying that one studio recently, and buying the makers of Iron Man VR (one of their marquee titles for that platform) would be a solid move for shoring up support moving forward.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Runa216 said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Yes, that is a literal definition of foreign when compared to the US-based Microsoft. 

Wait I thought you were disputing that Sony could buy a Japanese based company?

I am Iron Man

src said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Square has been friendly with Xbox as of late, so idk if they would ever consider outright selling. If Guardians of the Galaxy flops and with Crystal Dynamics getting cozy with The Initiative, I can see Square selling their Western division to Microsoft. It’ll then drop the price of Square if Sony decides to purchase the rest of the company outright.

FF16 - timed exclusive

FF7R - timed exclusive

Forspoken - timed exclusive

Babylon - console exclusive

KH and Nier could also be timed exlcusive.

Pretty much their entire Japanese division is all in on Playstation. How can anyone call this close with Xbox LOL

SE would never sell Crystal Dynamics, they make Tomb Raider an incredibly strong IP.

Sony has $40B in cash. They can buy SE in cash the next day lol

Eh you're forgetting a bunch of Switch Exclusives and Switch support. More of Japan supports Switch now than PS. PS is pretty much a western brand now. KH and Nier already on Xbox. So is DQ.  Your last sentence is that of someone who doesn't understand how money works.

Last edited by Leynos - on 07 October 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Runa216 said:

Wait I thought you were disputing that Sony could buy a Japanese based company?

I have absolutely no idea where that idea came from. No, that's not what was being said. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android