By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft buys a PS5 for the star of Deathloop

There’s a been lot of hostility when it comes to the Xbox/PlayStation debate, so I just thought it was a nice story of Microsoft doing the unthinkable as a gesture of goodwill to the voice actor of Colt in Deathloop. 

https://www.thegamer.com/deathloop-colt-vahn-sent-ps5-xbox/amp/

So that’s what I have to do to finally get a PS5 :) 

Around the Network

If this doesn't prove exclusives definitely work, nothing does.

When will the other cast, devs, and/or all hardcore (longtime) Deathloop/Arkane/Bethesda fans be getting themselves a free PS5 from MS?

Going forward, will all XB Studio staff and hires be getting a free XBSX/PS5 and the games they worked on?

If this is the future direction of XB, that's something I cant help but applaud.

EricHiggin said:

When will the other cast, devs, and/or all hardcore (longtime) Deathloop/Arkane/Bethesda fans be getting themselves a free PS5 from MS?

Going forward, will all XB Studio staff and hires be getting a free XBSX/PS5 and the games they worked on?

If this is the future direction of XB, that's something I cant help but applaud.

Is this enough proof?

Last edited by Azzanation - on 26 September 2021

Azzanation said:
EricHiggin said:

Is this enough proof?

No, those were two questions and a potential compliment.

They bought a console for someone who can easily afford it. Ok then.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I liked it better when rival companies actually told the truth and let everyone know that they were thinking. Because make no mistake about it people: they still wish utter failure on one another. This front they're putting up? It's all PR, for our sake. Trust me. Behind the curtains and closed doors? They're after blood.

Leynos said:

Money alone can't get you access, unless you want to do shady dealings with scalpers.

Anyways, the game is not for me but I've seen some of it on Youtube and this man's voice acting is top notch.

Cool little story.

Leynos said:

Or you know, he couldn't find one because their sold out.

JackHandy said:

I liked it better when rival companies actually told the truth and let everyone know that they were thinking. Because make no mistake about it people: they still wish utter failure on one another. This front they're putting up? It's all PR, for our sake. Trust me. Behind the curtains and closed doors? They're after blood.

"They still wish utter failure on one another." You know, not everyone cares about console wars, and most wish everyone to do well. Sure, they want their product to be successful, but that doesn't mean they want their competitor to leave entirely. There is room for all 3 to have a healthy ecosystem, especially with them each doing their own thing. 

EricHiggin said:
Azzanation said:

Is this enough proof?

No, those were two questions and a potential compliment.

I mean, if they really cared about those hardware sales, they could have offered the guy a Windows Device or just simply got him a Series X/S to make up for it. But nope, they brought him a PS5 because they really don't care as much as others do when it comes to the console wars.