By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft buys a PS5 for the star of Deathloop

smroadkill15 said:
JackHandy said:

I liked it better when rival companies actually told the truth and let everyone know that they were thinking. Because make no mistake about it people: they still wish utter failure on one another. This front they're putting up? It's all PR, for our sake. Trust me. Behind the curtains and closed doors? They're after blood.

"They still wish utter failure on one another." You know, not everyone cares about console wars, and most wish everyone to do well. Sure, they want their product to be successful, but that doesn't mean they want their competitor to leave entirely. There is room for all 3 to have a healthy ecosystem, especially with them each doing their own thing. 

I don't believe this for a second. I think if you asked the president of Microsoft if he'd rather be the sole provider of all gaming on the planet like some sort of Roman emperor with a pension for world dominance, he would say yes... absolutely. Same with other two. Because why not? More money for them! 

Personally, I don't care. I mean, yeah... it was more entertaining back during the 16 and 32-bit eras when they were putting out all those attack ads, sort of like how a talkshow is more entertaining when people are arguing, but it doesn't matter to me anymore. 

As long as there's something to play, I'm good. 

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
EricHiggin said:

No, those were two questions and a potential compliment.

I mean, if they really cared about those hardware sales, they could have offered the guy a Windows Device or just simply got him a Series X/S to make up for it. But nope, they brought him a PS5 because they really don't care as much as others do when it comes to the console wars.

This is why MS will soon be announcing that since there's more demand for PS5, they will be reducing XBSS and XBSX manufacturing so more PS5's can be produced?

In which case MS will be also be buying up those extra PS5's and giving them away for free? #screwthescalpers?

JackHandy said:

I liked it better when rival companies actually told the truth and let everyone know that they were thinking. Because make no mistake about it people: they still wish utter failure on one another. This front they're putting up? It's all PR, for our sake. Trust me. Behind the curtains and closed doors? They're after blood.

Nah, most of them literally have family,friends ex classmates working for different companies and devs. Except for a personal beef most have something else going in their life that they don't care or even don't know.

People who think like you mention are the ones on forums who have nothing going on in their life and use hate/troll comments to give their life some meaning. At this point moderators should ban those people and include some self help numbers.

No what are you doing Microsoft? With gestures like that PS5 will have a 2:1 lead over you in no time!

Microsoft is sending the good message: buy a PS5

Around the Network

I mean, I'd have preferred a fully kitted out PC with windows on it but sure.

Hmm, pie.

konnichiwa said:
JackHandy said:

Nah, most of them literally have family,friends ex classmates working for different companies and devs. Except for a personal beef most have something else going in their life that they don't care or even don't know.

People who think like you mention are the ones on forums who have nothing going on in their life and use hate/troll comments to give their life some meaning. At this point moderators should ban those people and include some self help numbers.

Again (I think this is the third time, actually lol) I have to disagree. The nature of competition is to beat your opponent. These guys are all alpha males. That's how they got to the place in their respective companies that they're in. They want to win. Not only that, they want to dominate. 

I don't think it's personal (although, if you've read interviews dealing with the 16-bit war, you'll see that things have literally almost gone to blows before), but I do think it's cutthroat behind the scenes. I don't believe any of this goodwill-gesture stuff is indicative of any real goodwill at all... at least not in a business sense, anyway.

What you're seeing right now is the equivalent of a politician kissing a baby during a photo-op. Nothing more.

You can technically get it on Windows, but you need system requirements roughly in between a PS4 Pro and a PS5. And I'm pretty sure Jason just games on consoles anyway. This is a great gesture by Microsoft.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Azzanation said:
EricHiggin said:

No, those were two questions and a potential compliment.

I mean, if they really cared about those hardware sales, they could have offered the guy a Windows Device or just simply got him a Series X/S to make up for it. But nope, they brought him a PS5 because they really don't care as much as others do when it comes to the console wars.

It's just a publicity stunt end of story .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
Azzanation said:

It's just a publicity stunt end of story .

Only to those who care about console wars would say that.