By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu sales: Week 37, 2021 - (6th Sept - 12th Sept)

Obviously, Tales of Arise is the big release this week. It will be interesting to see how long it stays on the charts. PS5 games so far have been extremely front loaded. However, even PS4 games don't seem to stay on the charts long anymore.

Around the Network

I imagine xbox is the only platform where Tales of Arise is not selling well.

Agente42 said:

Japan? Do you have data for the Japanese market to support this claim? 

No offense, but I don't think that we need to "support" the claim of digital sales increasing when digital sales have been shown to be increasing across the world every single year. I'd say that the onus is actually on you to prove that Japan is the exception to that if anything. Japan may not be as likely to purchase digital content on consoles as western audiences, but it's definitely increasing no doubt about it. Just look at Switch's increase in digital sales from 2017. 

Is it enough to push it over the edge? I'm not sure. It's enough to be Tales of Berseria for sure and it might bring it in line with Zestira and Xillia 2, but that's about it. Still, Bandai feels it performed well. 

Well deserved sales for Tales of Arise, it's a fantastic game.

Signature goes here!

Doctor_MG said:
Agente42 said:

Japan? Do you have data for the Japanese market to support this claim? 

No offense, but I don't think that we need to "support" the claim of digital sales increasing when digital sales have been shown to be increasing across the world every single year. I'd say that the onus is actually on you to prove that Japan is the exception to that if anything. Japan may not be as likely to purchase digital content on consoles as western audiences, but it's definitely increasing no doubt about it. Just look at Switch's increase in digital sales from 2017. 

Is it enough to push it over the edge? I'm not sure. It's enough to be Tales of Berseria for sure and it might bring it in line with Zestira and Xillia 2, but that's about it. Still, Bandai feels it performed well. 

Increase it´s one thing, another is surpassed the sales of physical and digital of Berseria. It´s a pure wet dream. You don´t have this data, so it´s purely speculative. Japanese sales, in this generation, prove the main drivers is physical media and digital was the main drive when physical sold out. 

Around the Network

Ho hum, another 2k week for XBox Series...even with the Series X seemingly not restocked for the week.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

kenjab said:

Ho hum, another 2k week for XBox Series...even with the Series X seemingly not restocked for the week.

the question is: does the Xbox stay in Japan or have the same fate as Ps5 in Japan?

Series S, because of form factor, have more chances to stay. 

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Obviously, Tales of Arise is the big release this week. It will be interesting to see how long it stays on the charts. PS5 games so far have been extremely front loaded. However, even PS4 games don't seem to stay on the charts long anymore.

The Japanese market, it´s a decline. Worldwide for 5 platforms with surpassing 1M, it´s ok( we need to know the price of development of a quasi-AAA for 5 plataform); good legs may be mandatory. 

Let's see. 

Good to see that Tales games are still doing well in Japan.

Agente42 said:
Blood_Tears said:

With the digital % added in I would say Tales did alright. Either way, Namco seems happy as they just announced 1 million shipped + digital WW already.
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/tales-of-arise-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-one-million#disqus_thread

The mystical digital performance in Japan? 

Ps4 has digital before and ps3 too. 

Yes I said Tales did alright with digital included. It should be around the Berseria launch. I never said it was this mystical performance but it is a fact that digital is not included in this. I also said it looks like Namco is happy because they shipped 1 million WW already. I didn't say any specific platform sales were overly great over another. 

Maybe you should just relax a little bit here. I bought the game on PS5, I am enjoying it and I am happy that it is selling well overall in any region.