By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Fit in the US, will there be shortages just like with the Wii?

Rath said:
How could you kill a baby seal?

You monster.

So where did this baby seal killing business come from? I keep hearing people talk about it, but I have no idea where it started or what people mean by it.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Around the Network

What?, but Wii Fit is a casual title, it can´t sell a lot before it release ;) , the most possible is yes, the shortages become worst.

Thanks Blacksaber for the sig                  Tag:"Nintendo es toda la diversión de esta generación"

Probably will.

Can this game help you get in shape? I could use that for the upcoming footy season.

Captain Preferences, will you get a Wii? You should, that way you can experience hi def media and hi def fun. With the PsWii combination you can't go wrong. (you could go Wii60 also.)

Just include Wii in it.

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
CaptainPrefrences said:
Probably will.

Can this game help you get in shape? I could use that for the upcoming footy season.

Supposedly it does.

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/wii-fit/

Mind you, it's just one guy's experience, and you could probably get equal results if you do other exercisees consistently, but Wii Fit is supposed to be partly a motivational tool too.

Besides, just think of the awesome snowboarding games you just know are coming for the balance board soon! 

Around the Network

Just because someone is a casual does not prevent them from getting a game on day 1. Casuals get hyped like core gamers do, however it is by different methods and marketing tactics. Look a summer movie blockbusters.. I do not think those people who went to see Transformers in drove last summer were all Core transformers fans, they just wanted a cool movie.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Wii Downhill Ski == pure awesomeness.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

there will probably be shortages, maybe not like the wii itself, but i think it will be hard to find in some stores

I hope not only because I want to buy it.

Rocketpig has already sagaciously predicted that Wii Fit will not sell more than 7 million worldwide. So although he's buying Wii Fit himself based on his prediction I'd have to say it's going to be easy to get. Just walk into any Gamespot on launch day and there will be stacks of them sitting around.