By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii Fit in the US, will there be shortages just like with the Wii?

Seriously, the package is already #1 seller on Amazon.com ranking above the likes of MKWii and GTA4 (which may or may not mean anything). If the scalpers will show up in droves for the launch, then the game will be virtually impossible to find in regular stores. Unlike a regular disc which takes virtually no shelf space, this package is about the size of the Wii itself, so only so many units can be stored in a single store.

Good luck shopping for WiiFit.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

well, wii fit will cause for more Wii shortages, that's one thing we know..How much the scale will be is yet unknown.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

yes sadly there will be a shortage like the wii itself. I think i'll be spending all summer looking for the game

It will sell 2-3 million this spring.
preorder now, to get one by summer.

Consoles LTD, end 2009, end 2010 - prediction

Wii -  68 million, 90 million - Wii HD in late 2011 - $249

360 - 38 million, 47 million - 720 in late 2010 - $299

PS3 - 31 million, 43 million - slim PS3 in mid 2009 - $299 

Neos said:
well, wii fit will cause for more Wii shortages, that's one thing we know..How much the scale will be is yet unknown.

Hopefully Nintendo will start supplying more Wiis soon, we'll probably find out the new production level on the 24th (when they do their yearly fiscal report).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

You can bet your ass there will be shortages. This thing is gonna get advertized at oprah's.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

How could you kill a baby seal?

You monster.

Maybe after the first week, but other than that it'll sell kinda like Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Beastly opener with shockingly good legs.

Zucas, Rock Band? I thought both Rock Bands launched with under 200k?

Wiifit will be like Guitar Hero with a LARGER scale imo.

This will be the Wii's GTA. (sales wise.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

Shit I really gotta predorder before its too late.