By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hello, I'm new. Had to speak up!

Welcome to the forums

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music
Around the Network
Neos said:
Auron said:
Wii is great but stay away from Super Mario Galaxy. Wii fanbys will label it as the greatest game ever but take it from me (A somewhat wii fanboy) it is not, not even close.

It must be a pain to live with such bad taste.

Let's not get into this argument...

Hey welcome sublime78, I share alot of views.

If you want your sig to have a cooler gamercard which is flash oriented (like mine), use the embedded media option and use the myspace flash option in mygamercard.net. PM if Im not being clear.

MontanaHatchet said:
Neos said:
Auron said:
Wii is great but stay away from Super Mario Galaxy. Wii fanbys will label it as the greatest game ever but take it from me (A somewhat wii fanboy) it is not, not even close.

It must be a pain to live with such bad taste.

Let's not get into this argument...

I knew you were coming to save the day! tell em boooi! =P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Welcome to VGC Sublime (as a newcomer myself, I'm happy to be here as well.)

While I respect your opinions on the different systems, I think that you should give Wii another chance.

"...if a Zelda game wasn't going to win me over on the system... nothing was."

Well, the Wii has come a long way since Twilight Princess, and as such the control methods used have been improving ever sense. To be fair, TP for Wii was cursed by being a port of the GC, and when Wii came out the best Nintendo could do was map the Wii-centric controls to TP.

"I love metroid and zelda games, mario is pretty good."

Now a days Wii has titles such as Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy, which have received unanimous praise. They both take advantage of the new control scheme (Metroid has been praised for its use of the Wii-mote, among other things) and are overall great titles.

I know money is hard to come by, especially to support multiple consoles, but if you have the chance I would encourage you to take it. There's a lot of other great games for Wii on the game shelf and on the horizon, and so far it's a blast.

Around the Network

Welcome.

I think I agree with you about Zelda, I kind of wish I had bought Twilight Princess for the GC instead of Wii. That being said I still really liked the game... And I am quoite sure the next Zelda fully designed for Wii is going to be epic I am sure.

EaglesEye379, thanks for the tip! I will do that shortly. I'm actually ashamed to have Dead or Alive Extreme 2 on there but I got it a couple days ago for 12 dollars brand new lol.

Also I'm updating my collection, which is time consuming since now I have to dig out my old NES and Genesis from the closet and run searches for all those games.

Everybody, look, I'm sorry... I wasn't trying to upset Wii fans, I thought "I'm a fan of Nintendo" would balance that out. I was just stating my opinion on the system. You don't know how much I wanted to like it. And I'm only dissing the system momentarily, not the people who play it, I can understand why people like it I guess. But don't worry, you won't find me seeking out posts to disrupt. To each their own.

This guy said he doesn't like the Sony Metal Gear games so its obvoiusly not leo-j. Welcome. Oh and I LOVE Super Mario Galaxy. LOL

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Smeags, I'm not above buying another one some day. If Kingdom Hearts goes exclusive then... voila. But for now it is not the time. Also I need to clarify, I'm not a fan of 3D metroid. Just don't like it. Played all but Prime 3, not my thing, give me old school any day of the week for that and Castlevania.

TWRoO, I acutally bought the Wii for Zelda. So I was a bit let down. I won't say I prefer 2D Zelda over 3D Zelda but, i do feel that the charm of the series is better translated that way. Actually I just felt something was wrong with Twilight Princess controls aside even. I was frustrated at how long it was taking just to get basic story fetch type stuff out of the way and I didn't like the wolf parts. Just opinion.

Sorry I can't reply to everyone, but thank everyone so far for being very welcoming. Also I'm just unsure on how to properly use the quote system so sorry for that too.

Your opinions are always welcome, just support them with solid fact and you'll be fine except the regular trolls around. Anyways, welcome :)