By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hello, I'm new. Had to speak up!

BTW, if you play the Wii, you're not supposed to flail around anyway. That would just strain your muscles over time. Keep the movements smaller, since the Wiimote means there is little need to use force in your movements. It also helps precision.*

* I just got that from what I've heard and read. I don't have a Wii, or any 7th gen system. Yet it does make sense to me. If you type wrong, over time, it leads to carpal tunnel (don't just tap the keys with your fingertips, get your whole fingers into them). If you exercise wrong, you strain your muscles. So of you play the Wii wrong, you can have the same adverse effect over time.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

LordTheNightKnight, hehe, I really shouldn't have used the word flail. But I ended up laying in bed playing TP anyway and it just felt..... odd. I know what you mean though.

sublime78 said:
LordTheNightKnight, hehe, I really shouldn't have used the word flail. But I ended up laying in bed playing TP anyway and it just felt..... odd. I know what you mean though.

Well it was just in case. It would suck to get Tennis elbow from playing Wii Tennis.

And I have heard that Zelda is not the best way to show off Wii controls. I heard Link's Crossbow Training is actually better. And RE4 is a better example of controls on a port. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Welcome to the boards sublime, that was also the best first post i have read in a long time.

how did u get your gamer score so high if u only own 11 360 games

Around the Network
sublime78 said:

The funny part is when I was laying on the couch playing TP with The Wiimote I felt more relaxed than I have with years of traditional systems. But to each their own.

I think you made an excellent point about multiple sucessful systems. Last generation was the first time I remember people saying there was such an outright winner that if you didn't play a PS2 you didn't get it. This generatrion is muc hmore like the ones of old to me. The Wii being like striat laces SNES and the 360 and PS3 being all edgy and cool, but with both sides making their gamers happy. 

Personally the only system that I feel let me down was the GBA. That one was my fault as my lifestyle didn't mesh with portable gaming that much and Nintendo dropped the ball in intergartion with the GC. 

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

LordTheNightKnight, I'm sure they've improved, I'll just keep waiting though. At this point I'm firmly drooling over RE5 so part 4 isn't much of a concern even with Wii controls. That actually scares me off, and I know I'll piss someone off but honestly I thought the Wiimote was LESS accurate than the NES Zapper. Now that's effed up.

Griffin, thanks!

dante, I'm a trade freak... actually I'm trying to get out of that habit but when money is tight and a game you want comes out... well.

My gamerscore is out of 126 games actually. Granted 50 or so of those are Live Arcade games.

But man, if i only had every game I had ever bought... wow, then again if I hadn't had credit to get half of those it wouldn't have been as many.

dschumm, I'm suprized you didn't like the GBA, although I didn't actually love it till backlit came into the picture.

Happy gamers is the main point though, and I agree with you, does anyoen actually think if the PS3 does take over in sales from the 360 (will happen, sure, I'll agree) does anyone think that makes me LESS happy with an awesome system that already has awesome games? I really doubt the 360 will last any less than 4 or 5 years, that's a fine life cycle for me. Honestly, compare it to systems in the past that died horrible deaths within the first couple years... or in some cases one year, I see all three systems INCLUDING 360 as already being successful.

welcome to the forums, send me a friend request on xbox live :)... nice gamerscore by the way

Welcome to Vgchartz, its a good community, hope you enjoy it here

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

yeah!! another reasonable 360 fan to keep you company gebx...

Welcome. I can tell you'll do fine here. Don't be afraid to state your opinion, just be prepared to back it up.... (math is always a plus too ;) )

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it