By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Colors: Ultimate

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/sonic-colors-ultimate/critic-reviews

Reviews are started dropping in today and seems to be a solid remaster with quality of life upgrades. 

I enjoyed it on Wii and am considering this one as well. 

Anyone looking forward to and getting this one?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Game was very beautiful on Wii, and from what I can tell, this remaster looks even better.

I'm considering getting it on PC, but I have just finished the Wii version again a couple of weeks ago, so I might wait a bit.

This is a welcome surprise, because when it comes to other 3D Sonic rereleased games for HD like Sonic Adventure or Sonic Adventure 2, they are not very well received. I don't know if it's because the games don't hold up too well for them or some porting woes, either way their considered inferior to the original. So it's nice to know that there's a version of Sonic Colors you can play on a current console and can have an equally good time with.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Game was very beautiful on Wii, and from what I can tell, this remaster looks even better.

I'm considering getting it on PC, but I have just finished the Wii version again a couple of weeks ago, so I might wait a bit.

Beautiful, both visuals and sound. The developers really pushed the system to the brink for it. Just a shame that it came out when the Wii backlash was in full effect. Had it launched multiplatform the game would've sold even better than but nope, they listened to the fanboys who kept telling us HD games don't sell or make a profit.

I'll probably get it at some point, not really a priority at this point what else is coming out in the next months. Kinda bothers me that the lighting can look worse than the Wii version, specially on the Sonic model, gives it this artificial look that plagues everything post Unleashed and Colors, really nothing ever looked as good as those two in the series.

Around the Network

Wii version is in my top 10 and I only bought it because it was in the bargain bin at my local WalMart.
I had paid full price for Sonic games for a while before, I guess I just got burnt out, and almost missed out completely. Love this game so much and so happy its getting a remaster!

1doesnotsimply