By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2021: Los Angeles Rams Win Super Bowl LVI

Who will win Super Bowl LVI?

Kansas City Chiefs 2 9.09%

Buffalo Bills 2 9.09%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Cleveland Browns 1 4.55%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7 31.82%

Green Bay Packers 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 3 13.64%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other (AFC) 3 13.64%

Other (NFC) 1 4.55%

Total:22
hatmoza said:
RolStoppable said:
BYEBYETB-PHI1MIA-JAX2
KC-WAS1LAR-NYG1HOU-IND2CIN-DET1
GB-CHI1LAC-BAL2MIN-CAR2ARI-CLE2
LV-DEN1DAL-NE1SEA-PIT2BUF-TEN1

Made a few adjustments. As mentioned, I flipped my pick to the Steelers. I'm also going to Switch from ARI to CLE

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

I've watched the Jaguars a lot this season. I've watched enough to finally say Urban Meyer is the problem on the team. He went for it on 4th when he could have taken the FG and had a one score lead. Instead he gets stuffed and MIA takes over on downs and Tua leads his team down the field for a TD, giving MIA the lead.

Speaking of Tua, he's playing like his career is depending on it. He looks great outside that awful, awful INT.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Not trusting your offense to get half a yard against Jacksonville says a lot.

I'm not gonna lie. I enjoyed that London game.

Urban Meyer. That decision to go for first down with five seconds in the game left and quickly call a time out was the ballsiest thing I've seen in football this season. It got you in FG range, and you won your first game as an NFL coach.

Urban Meyer, you bought yourself some time. Your off my shit list for now. Mostly, I'm so happy for Trevor Lawrence. The players really needed this win.

I'm so glad the Ravens are exposing the Chargers for the frauds they are.

I'm beating a dead horse here, but the Chargers win last week was not earned at all. And frankly, they literally scored ten points by themselves. The refs scored the other 30, no exageration. I'm still fucking salty about that game.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

I'm beating a dead horse here, but the Chargers win last week was not earned at all. And frankly, they literally scored ten points by themselves. The refs scored the other 30, no exageration. I'm still fucking salty about that game.

Having just watched that game yesterday, yes, that absolutely is a massive exaggeration lol. The Browns defense was terrible. Like, they couldn't even keep track of Mike Williams, the Chargers biggest receiver, to save their lives. Dude kept getting like 20 yards behind them without anybody even noticing 

Angelus said:
hatmoza said:

Having just watched that game yesterday, yes, that absolutely is a massive exaggeration lol. The Browns defense was terrible. Like, they couldn't even keep track of Mike Williams, the Chargers biggest receiver, to save their lives. Dude kept getting like 20 yards behind them without anybody even noticing 

Oh don't get me wrong. I will acknowledge the Browns defense played like shit with a handful of busted plays. But they almost always came off the heels of either missed offensive holding, or two terribly officated calls which included a PI on the Browns that was CLEARLY offensive PI on the Chargers. The charger receiver could have worn the Browns jersey he was tugging on it so hard.

Go back and count how many times Myles Garret was held by the mask. I know refs are not gonna call holds against him because he is who he is, but for fuck sakes, when he is being held by the mask, you have to call that shit. Tell you what, if you don't find him being held by the mask, I'll admit I'm exaggerating. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Chargers are not special outside of Herbert. Officiating keeps them alive in games

hatmoza said:
Angelus said:

Oh don't get me wrong. I will acknowledge the Browns defense played like shit with a handful of busted plays. But they almost always came off the heels of either missed offensive holding, or two terribly officated calls which included a PI on the Browns that was CLEARLY offensive PI on the Chargers. The charger receiver could have worn the Browns jersey he was tugging on it so hard.

Go back and count how many times Myles Garret was held by the mask. I know refs are not gonna call holds against him because he is who he is, but for fuck sakes, when he is being held by the mask, you have to call that shit. Tell you what, if you don't find him being held by the mask, I'll admit I'm exaggerating. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Chargers are not special outside of Herbert. Officiating keeps them alive in games

I mean, I'm not gonna go back and re-watch the game again to count all the wrong, or missed calls, but as a neutral observer, who's not invested in either team, I didn't find the game to be any worse in that regard than literally any other average NFL game. If you wanna make the argument that officiating in general is ass, I'm right there with you. But there wasn't much in this game in that vein to make it stand out beyond any other recent games I've watched.

That offensive pass interference call on Packers which would of been a TD was a really bad call. NFL needs to get better refs.

Angelus said:
hatmoza said:

I mean, I'm not gonna go back and re-watch the game again to count all the wrong, or missed calls, but as a neutral observer, who's not invested in either team, I didn't find the game to be any worse in that regard than literally any other average NFL game. If you wanna make the argument that officiating in general is ass, I'm right there with you. But there wasn't much in this game in that vein to make it stand out beyond any other recent games I've watched.

Cheers. Officiating across the board in the NFL is truly garbage, and is something that we fans all live with. Don't forget. I'm a Browns fan, so I've watched the Browns lose a lot since 2006. All those years of losing I never complained about officiating because I truly submit to the "better team won" mentality. But that game no, that was truly an unearned win for the Chargers.

Salt aside. I guess my main point that is getting lost in all of this is that the Chargers are nothing special. To me anyway.