By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Astral Chain vs Bayonetta 2

I think the best is...

Bayonetta 2 15 57.69%

Astral Chain 11 42.31%

Total:26

Of these two Nintendo funded and published games by Platinum, which do you think is better, and why?

Around the Network

I haven't played either, but I got Bayonetta 1 + 2 on Switch and played the beginning of the first one. I was excited bout it, but it seems to be just like a really bad generic action game. I couldn't even tell what was going on for the most part, I was just mashing buttons. Maybe it just doesn't work well on a handheld cuz everything was so small it was hard to see what was going on. Like it was legit one of the worst games I've experienced, granted I only played it for an hour but I couldn't bring myself to play more than that. That's all I came to say haha since I haven't played either of the two games mentioned, but I gotta assume Astral Chain is better than that, unless Bayonetta 2 is way better than the first or the Bayonetta games are just way better on a tv and you can actually see what's going on, but I doubt just playing it on a bigger screen would make it much better.

Haven't played Bayonetta yet. Love Astral Chain though.

I own both. I have played neither...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I adore both these games. Bayonetta 2 is my fave of the 2 games in the series. I bought it twice on 2 platforms. Put a couple hundred hours replaying it. That said. Astral Chain is a love letter to everything Platinum made before. Bayonetta. Nier Automata. Metal Gear Rising and more. So many abilities and UI elements from all games. The Anime punk setting feels like an 80s/90s anime. That opening alone is amazing. The Legion designs are fucking awesome. The game is PG's own Neo Genesis Evangelion. I loved it from beginning to end. Astral Chain is my fave 2019 game where Bayonetta 2 was my Second fave in 2014 behind Strider.

So yes while I love the Bayonetta games. Astral Chain is my fave of the two. Felt like the freshest thing PG made since Wonderful 101.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I don't have much interest on playing Bayonetta. I'm waiting the third game to see if trailers convince me to give it a try

Astral Chain is nice, lacks polish but that's understandable for a new IP

Bayonetta 2.

Astral Chain is more unique from Platinum's previous entries, but it takes kind of a while before you have enough abilities and legions to really make it interesting. And even then there are some elements that don't quite work (Sword legion's slashing for instance is kind of unintuitive). Whereas Bayonetta 2's gameplay is great from the start. I also just prefer Bayonetta's over the top style in terms of both gameplay and characters. Silent protagonists can sometimes work, but I don't feel they make good use of it too. And, whereas Bayonetta gets right to the action, Astral Chain has the investigation sequences which are never really that fun.

Wonderful 101 is better than either though.

I really enjoyed Astral Chain; it's setting, combat, and music were awesome, and of the two games it has more variety. It's a strong 8/10 for me.

Bayonetta 2 though is on a whole 'nother level, thanks to its smoother action as a result of its higher framerate, and the deliciously entertaining titular character herself who is just an endless joy to watch and to play as.

Astral Chain is one of the best games of 2019, but Bayonetta 2 is one of the best games of its decade.

Love them both, but Bayonetta 2 was just more solid all around.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Fun game with epic art style and family-friendly content vs. fun game with epic art style and mature content. Both have quality, but Bayonetta's constant cursing and sexuality are off-putting to a gamer like me so I will go with Astral.