By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Steam Deck Thread

Will you buy one?

Yes, I'm excited to get one. 20 34.48%

No, I don't think so. 22 37.93%

Maybe, I need to see how ... 16 27.59%

Total:58

The Steamdeck is a success.

It's not like how Steam machines came around and then imploded... Never to be mentioned again.

It's getting the support, it's getting the sales to justify it's existence.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I wish the number of hours you play a game gets counted when you are offline.

Pemalite said:

It's not like how Steam machines came around and then imploded... Never to be mentioned again.

It's getting the support, it's getting the sales to justify its existence.

In several fronts it definitely deserves existence. Do we know it’s sales?

snyps said:
Pemalite said:

It's getting the support, it's getting the sales to justify its existence.

'Multiple millions', see https://www.vgchartz.com/article/459011/steam-deck-has-sold-multiple-millions-of-units/

Zkuq said:
snyps said:

'Multiple millions', see https://www.vgchartz.com/article/459011/steam-deck-has-sold-multiple-millions-of-units/

I love how steam is able to move units through their own market chain. I’m sure they increase their profits by selling to their already huge customer base without distributors/marketers costs. So that’s a lot of extra profits in their pockets. So glad they nailed it with a successful product. I’m sure all steam gamers see this as a really good thing. 

Around the Network
snyps said:
Zkuq said:

I love how steam is able to move units through their own market chain. I’m sure they increase their profits by selling to their already huge customer base without distributors/marketers costs. So that’s a lot of extra profits in their pockets. So glad they nailed it with a successful product. I’m sure all steam gamers see this as a really good thing. 

Yeah, the effort they have been putting on the Deck is remarkable.

snyps said:

I’m loving my steamdeck. This might be a silly question but is steamdeck considered a success?

It's a constant chart topper, Valve is planning future upgrades. I imagine it's a success.

KLAMarine said:
snyps said:

I’m loving my steamdeck. This might be a silly question but is steamdeck considered a success?

It's a constant chart topper, Valve is planning future upgrades. I imagine it's a success.

It would be nice to know exact numbers, though. It's been almost two years of market presence. Transparency is good.

farlaff said:
KLAMarine said:

It would be nice to know exact numbers, though. It's been almost two years of market presence. Transparency is good.

I was thinking the same. I don’t know how vgc gets its sales numbers. I guess Steam doesn’t need to release them since they aren’t interdependent like other manufacturers. 

Conina said:
Conina said:

Update of previous compatibility results broken down by SteamDB rating (2023-06-27):

A total of 10000 out of 12935 tested Steam games are now rated "playable+".

35.2% of the 1404 "90+ games" and 25.2% of the 4550 "85+ games" are now "verified".

75.2% of the 1404 "90+ games" and 58.8% of the 4550 "85+ games" are now "playable+".

77.3% of the tested games are playable, with tweaks a lot more. The higher the SteamDB rating, the higher this percentage becomes: at 80+ rating it's 82.9%, at 85+ rating 84.0% and at 90+ rating 86.1% playable without any tweaks.

2326 games of my own Steam library are now categorized as "verified" or "playable".

Update of previous compatibility results broken down by SteamDB rating (2023-10-09):

A total of 11752 out of 15029 tested Steam games are now rated "playable+".

36.9% of the 1455 "90+ games" and 26.7% of the 4777 "85+ games" are now "verified".
76.6% of the 1455 "90+ games" and 61.1% of the 4777 "85+ games" are now "playable+".

78.2% of the tested games are playable, with tweaks a lot more. The higher the SteamDB rating, the higher this percentage becomes: at 80+ rating it's 83.8%, at 85+ rating 85.0% and at 90+ rating 86.6% playable without any tweaks:

2582 games of my own Steam library are now categorized as "verified" or "playable"... at New Year it only were 1800 games.

Already more than half of my Steam library is rated "playable+", the majority of the unchecked 37.5% is probably playable, too.

Only 12.35% of my library is rated "unsupported" so far; excluding VR-games less than 10% of my library is rated "unsupported":  

Update of previous compatibility results broken down by SteamDB rating (2023-12-03):

A total of 12699 out of 16159 tested Steam games are now rated "playable+".

38.0% of the 1518 "90+ games" and 27.3% of the 4998 "85+ games" are now "verified".
78.0% of the 1518 "90+ games" and 62.3% of the 4998 "85+ games" are now "playable+".

78.6% of the tested games are playable, with tweaks a lot more.

The higher the SteamDB rating, the higher this percentage becomes: at 80+ rating it's 84.1%, at 85+ rating 85.4% and at 90+ rating even 86.9% playable without any tweaks:

51.22% (2695 games) of my own Steam library are now categorized as "verified" or "playable"... a year ago it were only 1639 games.
The majority of the untested 36.68% is probably playable, too.

Only 12.11% of my library is classified as "unsupported" so far; when excluding VR games only 9.77% of my library is "unsupported".

I can look back one year in the CheckMyDeck history. The "Unsupported" percentage has only increased by 7.9% (12.11% / 11.22%) despite thousands more test results, while "verified" has increased by 42.9% (22.52% / 15.76%) and "playable+" by 37.6% (51.22% / 37.22%):

Incidentally, you can use "dynamic collections" in the Steam client to visualize your own steamdeck-compatible games and define the desired sorting. Additional filters (e.g. game genre, store tags) can also be added:

The number of compatible games is even higher here than with CheckMyDeck, as compatible game demos and free games are also included in the Steam client's dynamic collections.

Last edited by Conina - on 03 December 2023