By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Steam Deck Thread

Will you buy one?

Yes, I'm excited to get one. 20 34.48%

No, I don't think so. 22 37.93%

Maybe, I need to see how ... 16 27.59%

Total:58
KLAMarine said:

Anyone here play their Steam Deck while on the toilet?

No, I never understood what is appealing to read something or play games on the toilet.

pull down pants, sit, shit, wipe, flush, pull up pants, wash hands... done!

I don't want to spend more time than necessary on the toilet.

Around the Network

The Steam Deck has become my main system. I even use it for work. Because I'm missing nothing with it. My good old PC with an RTX 3070 and whatnot hasn't been turned on in days.

Needless to say that after a little more than 6 months, I'm still loving my Deck to pieces. It quickly became my personal best handheld of all time. Later I considered it the best console of all time. At this point it's just straight the goddamn best gaming system ever made in my book. Better than any console, handheld or PC I had ever before.

Simply an amazing piece of hardware with groundbreaking software. It's not perfect, mind you. But it's getting there and fast. Never before have I received meaningful updates for a gaming system as quickly as with the Steam Deck. Valve is outdoing themselves, I can't praise them enough.

10/10

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:

The Steam Deck has become my main system. I even use it for work. Because I'm missing nothing with it. My good old PC with an RTX 3070 and whatnot hasn't been turned on in days.

Needless to say that after a little more than 6 months, I'm still loving my Deck to pieces. It quickly became my personal best handheld of all time. Later I considered it the best console of all time. At this point it's just straight the goddamn best gaming system ever made in my book. Better than any console, handheld or PC I had ever before.

Simply an amazing piece of hardware with groundbreaking software. It's not perfect, mind you. But it's getting there and fast. Never before have I received meaningful updates for a gaming system as quickly as with the Steam Deck. Valve is outdoing themselves, I can't praise them enough.

10/10

Indeed. Pretty much since i got the steamdeck i have been using it much more then my PC with a 3060ti in it. being able to relax on the couch or in bed and bring it wherever i go has been such a game changer for me. Honestly when i first got it i didnt think it would take over from my main pc and just be something i would use while laying in bed etc but that all changed after using it. I love it.

Conina said:
KLAMarine said:

Anyone here play their Steam Deck while on the toilet?

No, I never understood what is appealing to read something or play games on the toilet.

pull down pants, sit, shit, wipe, flush, pull up pants, wash hands... done!

I don't want to spend more time than necessary on the toilet.

Well, for those of us who have to spend more time clearing out our bowels, we play games on the toilet. Count yourself lucky for having a quick poop routine!

zero129 said:
OdinHades said:

10/10

Indeed. Pretty much since i got the steamdeck i have been using it much more then my PC with a 3060ti in it. being able to relax on the couch or in bed and bring it wherever i go has been such a game changer for me. Honestly when i first got it i didnt think it would take over from my main pc and just be something i would use while laying in bed etc but that all changed after using it. I love it.

I have been using mine more than my ps4, haven't touched it since my steam deck arrived!

Around the Network

Btw update, mine shipped in but had a dead pixel so I had to send it back :(. Will update yall in like January when I get mine back lol

TheWalrusCaesar said:

Btw update, mine shipped in but had a dead pixel so I had to send it back :(. Will update yall in like January when I get mine back lol

Damn that sucks. Hope you get your new one soon.

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
zero129 said:

I have been using mine more than my ps4, haven't touched it since my steam deck arrived!

I never thought it would take over my main gaming systems when i got it but it has and i find myself looking forward to think about what game ill play next on it.

Thats something i've not felt in ages.

Got an early christmas gift

Time to see how much it has improved since I originally got it during launch and sold it due to a lot of issues. It is the 64GB (I didn't choose it) but I did put in my 512GB microsd card in there and will eventually replace it with a better SSD.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nice change of the performance overlay in SteamOS 3.4. The data of "Performance Overlay Level 2" is now shown horizontally instead of vertically, perfect for 16:9 games:

Would be nice to add an option to show that CPU/GPU/RAM data in the lower black bar instead of the upper black bar.