By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Steam Deck Thread

Will you buy one?

Yes, I'm excited to get one. 20 34.48%

No, I don't think so. 22 37.93%

Maybe, I need to see how ... 16 27.59%

Total:58

A great way to enhace image quality for some games is rendering them in higher resolution than the native display resolution:

For example, the anti-aliasing of "The Great Ace Attorney" is pretty poor.

Game rendered in native 1280x720 with AA:

Game rendered in 2560x1440 with AA and downsampled to 1280x720:

Almost no impact on performance or battery life, since this game runs on a potato.

Around the Network

Man I'm really tempted to buy Steam Deck, but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the next iteration.

Conina said:

A great way to enhace image quality for some games is rendering them in higher resolution than the native display resolution:

For example, the anti-aliasing of "The Great Ace Attorney" is pretty poor.

Game rendered in native 1280x720 with AA:

Game rendered in 2560x1440 with AA and downsampled to 1280x720:

Almost no impact on performance or battery life, since this game runs on a potato.

Wow, i didnt even see that option so thanks!.

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

Man I'm really tempted to buy Steam Deck, but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the next iteration.

Its well worth it. The is nothing emulation wise that i have tried so far that didnt work. Also we dont know how long it could be before the next version.

It really is a game changer being able to bring your pc games with you in such an easy to manage form factor.

zero129 said:

Its well worth it. The is nothing emulation wise that i have tried so far that didnt work. Also we dont know how long it could be before the next version.

It really is a game changer being able to bring your pc games with you in such an easy to manage form factor.

I ordered one!

Around the Network
zero129 said:

I ordered one!

Great stuff. Imo your going to really enjoy it as after having mine a week im still amazed what it can do.

zero129 said:

I ordered one!

Great stuff. Imo your going to really enjoy it as after having mine a week im still amazed what it can do.

I'm really excited. Yeah I'm planning on emulating a lot of games. Did you get the 64gb version? If so did you upgrade the internal storage or get an sd card (or both!)?

zero129 said:

I'm really excited. Yeah I'm planning on emulating a lot of games. Did you get the 64gb version? If so did you upgrade the internal storage or get an sd card (or both!)?

Got the 64Gb version with 512Gb SD card, works flawlessly

zero129 said:

Yep got the 64gb version. I am using a 125gb sd card with it atm and it works great. I'm waiting on my 512gb sd card to be delivered from amazon should be here monday. I also done the trick to let me play my games from an HDD thats hooked up to my router. Pretty much the steamdeck sees the hdd as a storage device thats plugged into it. So i been able to put some of the bigger games on that and play them until my 512gb sd card comes hopefully monday.

Make sure you look into emudeck for all your emulation needs on the steam deck. Also Heroic Game launcher lets you download and play your games from GoG and Epic game store.

Ha speak of the devil! my 512gb sd card just came awhile ago!. I just formated it and am in the process of moving some of my games over to it now .