By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Official Steam Deck Thread

Will you buy one?

Yes, I'm excited to get one. 20 34.48%

No, I don't think so. 22 37.93%

Maybe, I need to see how ... 16 27.59%

Total:58

Just ordered one myself too lol. Excited to get it in a few weeks!

Around the Network

I've had mine for about 2 months now. It's made up about 90% of my gaming time since then. I got the 512GB version with an additional 512GB SD card. I've got EmuDeck going strong and Heroic Launcher for gog and Epic games. I even got world of Warcraft working on it.

The system is fucking awesome.

Angelv577 said:

Not gonna lie. steam deck is the first handheld device that have gotten my attention. Just the fact that you can play bunch of third parties from steam and emulate bunch of old games as well makes it in my eyes the best handheld available. The only thing keeping me from getting one is time and finding the way to make emulation work since I am not PC tech savy. I feel intimidated trying to figure out how to make emulation work.

Found this guy a week ago since YT suggested it to me, and man, this guy has info on what you can do covered.

This vid of his is 2 months old, but so far he's shown that emulating on the Deck is pretty decent all things considered, I'll def be subbing to him to get more info (he also has a guide on installing what you need to emulate and how to set it all up which is super handy):

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

CladInShadows said:

I've had mine for about 2 months now. It's made up about 90% of my gaming time since then. I got the 512GB version with an additional 512GB SD card. I've got EmuDeck going strong and Heroic Launcher for gog and Epic games. I even got world of Warcraft working on it.

Ngl, as soon as I saw this working without console port, I was flabbergasted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/zg3gdk/console_wow_is_finally_here_after_leveling_to_70/

I imagine it'd be even better with the ConsolePort addon though, since you'd be able to get those keybinds matched better to the paddles and keys, instead of having to do it through the Deck's bind options. 

Having WoW on the go seems pretty damn cool.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
CladInShadows said:

Ngl, as soon as I saw this working without console port, I was flabbergasted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/zg3gdk/console_wow_is_finally_here_after_leveling_to_70/

I imagine it'd be even better with the ConsolePort addon though, since you'd be able to get those keybinds matched better to the paddles and keys, instead of having to do it through the Deck's bind options. 

Having WoW on the go seems pretty damn cool.

Yes I imagine the ConsolePort would be good. I've really only experimented with the track pads, button mapping, and radial menus and I was pretty close to getting it feeling good. Obviously a mouse and keyboard offers the right precision, but it was definitely playable and enjoyable. 

My Steamdeck arrived today! SD card should be coming tomorrow

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

My Steamdeck arrived today! SD card should be coming tomorrow

Congrats dude, Give your feedback when you get a chance and some time with it .

Anyone here play their Steam Deck while on the toilet?

KLAMarine said:

Anyone here play their Steam Deck while on the toilet?

I do xD .