By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Yep, I got a boyfriend!

Being in love is a great feeling. Enjoy and congrats! =)

Around the Network
farlaff said:

Hearty congratulations, that makes me smile! Like Terry Jeffords (but without the pecks), I love love :D. Here are some things about relationships that I like to point out to young couples who might intend on getting more serious:

1. Be there for him and listen. For me it is kinda tricky to do it, since women usually speak more than man and that's true for my wife as well, but try and pay attention to the smallest details (I met her when I was 28, we married less than a year later and now we have been together for 17 years, so I thinks it is working);

2. Never pass on an opportunity to laugh together;

3. Be very open and honest about money. I've seen many happy couples crumble to financial problems, and it is super hard to deal with that when the numbers are not clear and the projections fall apart.

Finally, really enjoy these early stages. Use them to build something to look forward to in the future.

As a side note, I have some male only couples of friends and, man!, do I think that must be super cool. As I always tell them, imagine the fun of playing Smash Bros right before calling it a night (the only thing I could ever make her play with me was Pokemon Go...), or having the same interests as far as desire goes (that's impossible in case of straight couples, since you really feel no kind of attraction for what your SO likes). You probably get to comment about that without the risk of having a plate fly to your face lol.

Be happy. ;)

What a really wonderful message! Thanks, man! I don’t think gay or straight it’s that different but of course there are differences. I read your message and I am listening to you - 17 years, congrats! Hahaha I love that part about the plate!! He makes me smile so much and we just talk - a lot. I don’t know why people think with gays it’s just about sex? (I don’t mean you). Sex is cool but it’s about so much more than that. We don’t even have the first mother language but we understand each other on a level that can’t be explained by language alone. I am not naive enough to think I know everything about this, and maybe it will end very soon - but I don’t think so. I have been single for a long time because after I rushed so much in my early 20s I take time to know someone. He is really special. I can’t explain it, but yeah. 

Again I’ll say - thank you and I have taken your good advice and I will apply it :)

S.Peelman said:

That's great, I'm happy you're happy. I don't mean to end this post in sadness, but this gives me a bit of a bittersweet feeling now because I'd love to make a post like this sooner rather than later as well. For a girl in my case, but same difference. Doesn't matter though, like I said, I'm happy you're happy!

Thanks, Peelman! Don’t think it won’t happen - it may happen, it may not, and maybe next week I’ll make a post because it went wrong! But I’m enjoying this feeling while it lasts. Even though you’re straight and I’m gay, we will still have each other from afar so life really isn’t so bad :) 

Congratulations!!

Majora said:
farlaff said:

Hearty congratulations, that makes me smile! Like Terry Jeffords (but without the pecks), I love love :D. Here are some things about relationships that I like to point out to young couples who might intend on getting more serious:

1. Be there for him and listen. For me it is kinda tricky to do it, since women usually speak more than man and that's true for my wife as well, but try and pay attention to the smallest details (I met her when I was 28, we married less than a year later and now we have been together for 17 years, so I thinks it is working);

2. Never pass on an opportunity to laugh together;

3. Be very open and honest about money. I've seen many happy couples crumble to financial problems, and it is super hard to deal with that when the numbers are not clear and the projections fall apart.

Finally, really enjoy these early stages. Use them to build something to look forward to in the future.

As a side note, I have some male only couples of friends and, man!, do I think that must be super cool. As I always tell them, imagine the fun of playing Smash Bros right before calling it a night (the only thing I could ever make her play with me was Pokemon Go...), or having the same interests as far as desire goes (that's impossible in case of straight couples, since you really feel no kind of attraction for what your SO likes). You probably get to comment about that without the risk of having a plate fly to your face lol.

Be happy. ;)

What a really wonderful message! Thanks, man! I don’t think gay or straight it’s that different but of course there are differences. I read your message and I am listening to you - 17 years, congrats! Hahaha I love that part about the plate!! He makes me smile so much and we just talk - a lot. I don’t know why people think with gays it’s just about sex? (I don’t mean you). Sex is cool but it’s about so much more than that. We don’t even have the first mother language but we understand each other on a level that can’t be explained by language alone. I am not naive enough to think I know everything about this, and maybe it will end very soon - but I don’t think so. I have been single for a long time because after I rushed so much in my early 20s I take time to know someone. He is really special. I can’t explain it, but yeah. 

Again I’ll say - thank you and I have taken your good advice and I will apply it :)

Glad you enjoyed it. I hope it can be helpful. And, yeah, I don't know how different it can be, but you are probably right, since all in all we are humans, first and foremost, and that is what makes relationships so meaningful. But it is also a struggle: a successful engagement is a commitment to staying with the same person and sharing your life day after day. It is a choice you do every time you wake up. I have been single in the past, and, as far as "work" is concerned, being alone requires way less sacrifices, but the companionship makes it worth it. At least it is for me.

All the best for the two of you. It is super nice to have people talk about relations and love nowadays, and I also hope you guys have understanding and supportive families, since we live in super weird times and the amount of idiocy about sexual orientation (a theme that is so outdated the Romans did not even care about it; it was the "church" that came with the idea of "sin" to try and control as many lives as they could) has been through the roof! Inspiring stories like yours should always be shared and cherished so we can fight said idiocy with ever more love.

P.S. you mentioned the language difference and I got curious. Where is he from? Are you guys too far apart? Hope it is not being difficult for you to see one another. Cheers

Around the Network
farlaff said:
Majora said:

Glad you enjoyed it. I hope it can be helpful. And, yeah, I don't know how different it can be, but you are probably right, since all in all we are humans, first and foremost, and that is what makes relationships so meaningful. But it is also a struggle: a successful engagement is a commitment to staying with the same person and sharing your life day after day. It is a choice you do every time you wake up. I have been single in the past, and, as far as "work" is concerned, being alone requires way less sacrifices, but the companionship makes it worth it. At least it is for me.

All the best for the two of you. It is super nice to have people talk about relations and love nowadays, and I also hope you guys have understanding and supportive families, since we live in super weird times and the amount of idiocy about sexual orientation (a theme that is so outdated the Romans did not even care about it; it was the "church" that came with the idea of "sin" to try and control as many lives as they could) has been through the roof! Inspiring stories like yours should always be shared and cherished so we can fight said idiocy with ever more love.

P.S. you mentioned the language difference and I got curious. Where is he from? Are you guys too far apart? Hope it is not being difficult for you to see one another. Cheers

Yes he lives here in the UK but he speaks Spanish because he’s from South America :) 

Congrats. Hope it all goes well.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Right on, that's great to hear! Very happy for you! ??

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Thank god at least somebody in this community is getting laid. Happy for you man!

Good on ya mate. :) I'm  glad for you and wish you both all the very best.

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

Congrats on the sex.

I found dated a girl who once played this on her phone out loud right after we had sex. I felt like marrying her on the spot haha.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 July 2021