By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony acquires Nixxes Software (for PC porting confirmed)

Um...Who?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I would add in the OP that they're typically a studio who helps port games to PC and other platforms.

Master Race: rejoice!

This is how it would sound if Nintendo bought Panic Button. Just a porting studio. I expect the big one is Bluepoint. Sony Japan leaked that early.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It's gonna feel weird presumably playing native ports of iconic PS franchises on my PC, but I'm looking forward to it.

Around the Network

who is that?

goes to google it.

*edit:
should read more of the thread before writeing a comment lol.

Bristow9091 said:
Signalstar said:

Um...Who?

They're essentially a porting studio, have worked with Crystal Dynamics and Eidos (Now Square Enix) since 2000;

Okay.... not bad...not bad.
(atleast the games they worked on looks impressive enough)

edit 2:

Bristow9091 said:

We're gonna' be seeing more PlayStation games coming to PC for sure... which is actually a good thing because it then frees up the original developers to work on new things rather than spending time porting the games themselves, lol :P

Bristow to the rescue :)
This makes it fine, if it can free up resources, for other teams, while allowing for PC ports... fine.

Leynos said:

This is how it would sound if Nintendo bought Panic Button. Just a porting studio. I expect the big one is Bluepoint. Sony Japan leaked that early.

But Bluepoint would actually excite me.
Those guys are more than just your avg port job studio.
They are more than ready to do their own work imo.

Hopefully this means we will get more PC ports sooner! I owned a ps4 and I own a ps5 but I wouldn't mind double dipping on a number of my favourite games if they come to PC as my monitor is an ultrawide 3440 x 1440p which consoles don't scale to that resolution. So playing all these games at that ultrawide resolution with high frame rate would be fap worthy.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It was only a matter of time before Sony picked up a dedicated studio to port to PC. They got a massive PS4 backlog to get through!

I don't think this means we're getting day and date PS5 exclusive releases on PC anytime soon. In the near future, I can see a few of their multiplayer titles (like Factions) get a day and date release for PC.