By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony acquires Nixxes Software (for PC porting confirmed)

JRPGfan said:
Leynos said:

This is how it would sound if Nintendo bought Panic Button. Just a porting studio. I expect the big one is Bluepoint. Sony Japan leaked that early.

But Bluepoint would actually excite me.
Those guys are more than just your avg port job studio.
They are more than ready to do their own work imo.

I didn't say Bluepoint is a port studio. That was referring to Nixxes. Second part of my post is a different comment altogether how Sony Japan already leaked they bought Bluepoint. 2 different things.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Good decision, Sony needs more PC experience and this is a step in the right direction for them.

the-pi-guy said:

They helped with Killzone Shadowfall, so not necessarily port work.

Oof that game was bad. Hopefully they can make something better on their own IP or a better IP to work with.

Hopefully this means better and faster PC ports. Another nice studio pickup.

JRPGfan said:
Leynos said:

This is how it would sound if Nintendo bought Panic Button. Just a porting studio. I expect the big one is Bluepoint. Sony Japan leaked that early.

But Bluepoint would actually excite me.
Those guys are more than just your avg port job studio.
They are more than ready to do their own work imo.

While the most likely scenario is they were acquired to enhance PlayStations PC porting capabilities, Nixxes Software also has lots of console porting experience, so if those ridiculous rumour's of Sony acquiring Bluepoint are confirmed by large scale sightings of flying pigs then it might also be that Nixxes beside handling PC porting may also expand to become an inhouse version of Bluepoint especially if Bluepoint move toward creating their own IP.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Leynos said:
the-pi-guy said:

Oof that game was bad. Hopefully they can make something better on their own IP or a better IP to work with.

The technical side of KZ SF was amazing and a precursor to checkerboard rendering (multiplayer rendering). Sound design and lighting were top notch. And that is the question, they are excellent at the technical stuff, but a game needs a lot more than that. I enjoyed KZ SF more for the technical side than the game play and tbh I can't remember the story at all. I do have a lot of screenshots from the game. They still look great today, pretty good for a launch game.

twintail said:
Leynos said:

I doubt they have been bought to work on their own IP or to develop any games. 

Their role will undoubtedly be 1) porting to PC, 2) porting to PS, and 3) being a support studio.

1) makes sense considering the direction Sony is going with PC. 3) also makes sense since more support studios allows Sony to keep everything inhouse.

Studios can do more than one thing.

Well not something I was expecting. And don't seem similar to the other acquisitions that Sony had a long history with. At least it isn't some big studio, and yes seems like it will be more PC ports.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Leynos said:
the-pi-guy said:

Well they helped the game getting out of the door, the design, story, etc can't be faulted on Nixxes.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If this isn't an indicator that PS games are coming to PC, I don't know what is. As an exclusive PC and Nintendo gamer, this has be excited!