By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony acquires Nixxes Software (for PC porting confirmed)

Stop quoting me FFS everyone.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
twintail said:
Bristow9091 said:

We're gonna' be seeing more PlayStation games coming to PC for sure... which is actually a good thing because it then frees up the original developers to work on new things rather than spending time porting the games themselves, lol :P

Yeah indeed. This could work wonders for MP titles too. 

God I hope not. The main reason for my PS5 is to avoid MP on my PC. So many games filled with hackers. 

Great news for PC. Seems like I'll be playing my PS5 a lot less soon.

4 ≈ One

Bristow9091 said:
Leynos said:

Studios can do more than one thing.

You're right, they can... but they've strictly been a porting and support team for over twenty years now, which seems to have been working really well for them, so maybe they're happy sticking to what they know best?

According to Katsmans in an interview in 2011, 'the company does not aim to develop in-house, as Katsman has no passion for game design and sees his focus on technical service.'

Unless Sony see another use for them, the studio director has absolutely no interest in making their own IP.

the-pi-guy said:

It seems pretty likely they will help with PC porting, but that's not necessarily a given. They do a lot of support stuff like with Killzone. Or they might be helping support PS4 with downports. They've also done that, and they've done a great job.  

They're a studio that's mostly behind the scenes, but they have tons of technical talent.  

I would say it isn`t totally alien for Sony to have some behind the scenes studios or teams. Was SSM or ND that had that technical team that supported other Sony Studios right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Then stop saying shit that is so desperate to be responded to! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
Leynos said:

The fuck does that even mean?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

the-pi-guy said:
DonFerrari said:

I would say it isn`t totally alien for Sony to have some behind the scenes studios or teams. Was SSM or ND that had that technical team that supported other Sony Studios right?

Sony has tons of support teams. 

ICE team at Naughty Dog

PlayStation Visual Arts

Malaysia Studios

San Mateo Studios

SN Systems

Audiokinetic

And a few others still.

Some of these are less technical, more art based. 

Very true. And I say that is very healthy thing. Let's each team do what their are best at core and lend them help on what is needed to make the final product the best possible with the least impact on time, cost and else.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Leynos said:
Runa216 said:

The fuck does that even mean?

I don't even know how to better explain it without breaking it down to a point that feels patronizing. 

If you don't want people to respond to you, then don't put your opinions out there. 

If you don't want people quoting you, stop saying things that are either controversial or wrong so that people have to correct you. 

If you don't want to participate in a conversation, don't engage. 

You don't get to come to a forum, say foolish things, then get angry when people call you out on the foolish things you've said. The solution is to either not say the foolish things, or deal with the consequences (In this case, people constantly responding to you). It doesn't even need to be stupid shit, just posting on a forum is reason enough to...be responded to. I really don't know how else to explain it. do you not know how forums work? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android