By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Final Fantasy game deserves a remake?!

Which FF deserves the remake?!

Final Fantasy II 3 5.08%

FF III 1 1.69%

FF IV 1 1.69%

FF V 1 1.69%

FF VI 34 57.63%

FF VIII 8 13.56%

FF IX 7 11.86%

FF X 3 5.08%

FF XII 0 0%

FF XIII 1 1.69%

Total:59
LivncA_Dis3 said:

I think ff4 was pretty good I watched my sister play it on Gameboy advanced haha,
Game truly deserves a remake before ff10!

It's already had one for DS, mobile and PC.

It's really good too, I'd definitely recommend it!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
LivncA_Dis3 said:

I think ff4 was pretty good I watched my sister play it on Gameboy advanced haha,
Game truly deserves a remake before ff10!

It's already had one for DS, mobile and PC.

It's really good too, I'd definitely recommend it!

Let's not forget the PSP version too! :P 

Ka-pi96 said:

Depends. If it's like the FF7 remake, then I couldn't care less I wouldn't really be interested regardless.

If it's like the FF4 remake however, then I'd love for FF6 to get one! I've heard pretty much nothing but good things about it although it's one of the few FF games I haven't actually played. The archaic graphics are definitely a turn off though, so a remake of that would definitely be a nice way for me to finally try out the game and see if it lives up to the hype.

You had to be there at that time to understand how amazing and revolutionary FF6 was. The story and the cinematic way it is told, the music, characters, the graphics (for that time). It is truly a masterpiece. 

Bristow9091 said:

Honestly, just give me Final Fantasy VI in the Octopath style, just like they're doing with Dragon Quest III, and I'll be happy...

This, pls Square. DQIIIR looks so good (it even looks like they reduced the levels of bloom, which is my only problem the HD-2D art style).

I would like to see both 6 and 8 personally.

For 6 a Trials of Mana tier 3D remake with AA graphics and fully proportioned bodies (no chibi) would be enough to make me happy. For 8, I’d love to see them go all out on the budget and aim for AAA graphics like 7 Remake, but without the splitting into multiple games.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 22 June 2021

Around the Network
EnricoPallazzo said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Depends. If it's like the FF7 remake, then I couldn't care less I wouldn't really be interested regardless.

If it's like the FF4 remake however, then I'd love for FF6 to get one! I've heard pretty much nothing but good things about it although it's one of the few FF games I haven't actually played. The archaic graphics are definitely a turn off though, so a remake of that would definitely be a nice way for me to finally try out the game and see if it lives up to the hype.

You had to be there at that time to understand how amazing and revolutionary FF6 was. The story and the cinematic way it is told, the music, characters, the graphics (for that time). It is truly a masterpiece. 

Didn't have much a choice considering Square decided not to release it in Europe until 2002. We got FF10 just a couple months after FF6

FFIX is now getting an animated series but I would still love a FFIX remake.

FFVIII also deserves a remake. The characters and monster designs were so cool that the 32bit didn't do it justice.

If it's a remake like VII RE, then anyone could have a remake. It's a nice change in gameplay and story. I think the ones with the most compelling worlds are FF VI, VIII, X and XII/Tactics, so are my choices for a reboot. The ones with the least interesting worlds are IV, V and IX, so I can survive without them

I'm ruling XIII out because it's pretty recent

If it's just to update graphics the ones released before PS2, they are in a desperate need for an upgrade

PS2 games onwards can still playing well, so no point for me remaking them when they all have remasters with good graphics

Ff6 remake like ff7 is a dream

6 without a doubt but it's got to stay more true to the original. Button mashing gameplay should not be the future of the series.

Hmm, pie.