By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Final Fantasy game deserves a remake?!

Which FF deserves the remake?!

Final Fantasy II 3 5.08%

FF III 1 1.69%

FF IV 1 1.69%

FF V 1 1.69%

FF VI 34 57.63%

FF VIII 8 13.56%

FF IX 7 11.86%

FF X 3 5.08%

FF XII 0 0%

FF XIII 1 1.69%

Total:59

Final Fantasy 6 makes the most sense to me. But i honestly think Square would ruin it. So maybe not.

Around the Network

VI, but actually 100% faithful to source material.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I'm choosing FF8 assuming they remake it in a similar way to the FF7 Remake.  I've got mixed feelings about FF7 R, because I really think they changed it too much.  What I really wanted was just FF7 with better visuals.  However, I still have some fun with FF7 Remake, and I appreciate seeing the main characters all over again with updated visuals and voice acting.  The combat system is fun too.

That is the sort of thing I'd like to see with FF8.  I did really like the cast of characters in FF8 and I recall the story being pretty good too.  I just really hated the combat and level systems so much though.  They could overhaul all of that in a Remake and the game would be much better for it.

Ff8 was a black sheep of all final fantasy haha

Drawing magic and gf?
Fcked up timelines time travel?

I don't even get the story hahahaha so many theory about that game which made me like it even more!

Shiken said:

VI, but actually 100% faithful to source material.

Agreed. 

Haha!

Around the Network

I’m glad there’s agreement from most people here that Final Fantasy VI deserves a remake.

Ka-pi96 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

You had to be there at that time to understand how amazing and revolutionary FF6 was. The story and the cinematic way it is told, the music, characters, the graphics (for that time). It is truly a masterpiece. 

Didn't have much a choice considering Square decided not to release it in Europe until 2002. We got FF10 just a couple months after FF6

Wait... it was never released for super nintendo in europe?

Bristow9091 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Wait... it was never released for super nintendo in europe?

Nope, out first chance to play it properly was the PS1 release in 2002

Thats bad. At the same time, didnt you guys have imports, or game rental places?

I was able to beat it twice around 1995 living in Brazil and believe me, it was really hard to find stuff at that time.

The Fury said:

6 without a doubt but it's got to stay more true to the original. Button mashing gameplay should not be the future of the series.

Good thing FFVII Remake isn’t part of that future your describe.

@OP: FFVI or IX for me. If I had to choose between them, then I’d prefer VI to be remade, as it is my favourite game and cast of characters in the entire series.

Go all out with production value the way they’re doing with VII Remake, but I’d want the producers to be more faithful to the original from a story standpoint, rather than try to reimagine it or make an overly convoluted sequel type of rethread or whatever it is they’re trying to do with VII Remake.

Just imagine the Opera House or the shift from the World of Balance to the World of Ruin done with current tech… ?

Or suplexing the Phantom Train with Sabin in full modern graphics glory. ?

Last edited by Hynad - on 23 June 2021

Square Enix remade III and IV and they sold almost nothing. They only did VII because developers had the incentive of doing something different, since remaking tit-for-tat is something that elicits almost zero interest from them, and even then it's barely outselling FFXV if that.

I'd say there's a low chance of a faithful, high-budget remake of any of these games ever coming out unless it's something like a gacha remaster, as it is the case for Ever Crisis and likely the I-VI Pixel compilation.