By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - epic games wont ever make games for the wii

MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Kyros said:
you can pretty much make the same game every single time with a new name and people will buy it.

Like Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart GC, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart ......... That 's what you meant right?
I beat you to it

If more and more sequels/same thing (series)/whatever are what you mean, then I guess that applies to most other companies' games. See: Madden, FF, MGS. etc.

Exactly, it doesn't matter whether or not you make sequels, so Zucas's original statement was incredibly stupid.

Not to mention how low UT3 sold compared to its' predecessors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
Zucas said:

Sure they can.  When your epic and originality and innovation means nothing to you and your stupid fans continually want to buy the same old crap all the fucking time then you can pretty much make the same game every single time with a new name and people will buy it.  Must be quite a luxury.

Like Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Kart DS, and Mario Kart: Wii?

[I know this example was already used, but I just wanted to get in on the fun]

You, my friend, are ignoring the elephant in the closet, that is Nintendo, who does this exact same thing... Why haven't you called them out on that?

On-topic:

Well, the Wii isn't everyone's cup of tea.  Epic likes good looking games to show off their engine to liscense it to other people to make money.  Remember everyone, this is a money-making business.  I for one am very happy that this has happened.  That means we don't have to see a "Unreal Tournament III on Wii Petition" thread. 

P.S.: Everyone saying that Epic sucks, and things like that, are just bitter.  Unreal Tournament and Gears of War are two very VERY good First person shooters out there, and are far from sucking.  

Off-Topic:  This thread has grown very quickly... I wonder why?  

I don't think anyone was expecting Epic to give the Wii any attention, but at the same time, they don't need to be arses about it.

PS: I wonder when they'll stop calling it next-gen.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Yeah! You go Epic!

I understand why he don´t want make games fow Wii, but called it a "virus" is very pathetic and anti-professional

Around the Network

Let me just respond to Epic's presidents anecdotal evidence:

The Wii sells software. A ton of it. Apparently, so people do play it. That anecdotal evidence seems to be over 6 months old.

The thing that actually sickens me though, is all of the Wii-hating bandwagon jumpers who couldn't wait to hop on this post and say "I agree with Epic completely" or "Yeah! You go Epic!"

Way to cheer somebody being an ass.

Maybe next time Kojima complains that the PS3 has reached its limit and it's not as far as he'd hoped, or when Microsoft flames the PS3 about having a 5 minute install, I'll hope on that post and say, "Yeah!"

I understand you guys need to grab your victories over Nintendo where you can. They're few and far between.

...but this ammo is trash. It's really nothing. It only proves that Epic is who we thought they were.

A developers anecdotal evidence is still worthless. Particularly when they hate the Wii for other reasons as well.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Thank you Mike from epic for saying what most dont have the balls to say.

Instead of moving your thumb to great graphics, you move your wrist to last gen graphics. Woo-frickin-doo.

The only thing I find wii fun for lately is the voting channel.

To each his own, but really some of the things he said, were really unprofessional,and you know what i think it will come back and bite him in the arse. Should the Wii ever become the platform to develop on (and i am not saying it will) they will be in definite need of help. In business such as this, the tides change ever so quickly, there was a time only 2 years ago, when sony were known as the industries leaders, but now they are playing catch up. You never know what can happen around the corner

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

BornFirst. said:
To each his own, but really some of the things he said, were really unprofessional,and you know what i think it will come back and bite him in the arse. Should the Wii ever become the platform to develop on (and i am not saying it will) they will be in definite need of help. In business such as this, the tides change ever so quickly, there was a time only 2 years ago, when sony were known as the industries leaders, but now they are playing catch up. You never know what can happen around the corner

It does seriously remind me of a company ran and staffed by 20 somethings. Not a lot of fiscal responsibility there.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

MANUELF said:
I understand why he don´t want make games fow Wii, but called it a "virus" is very pathetic and anti-professional

No it's an analogy.