By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - epic games wont ever make games for the wii

All right, I can see where he's coming from, but he doesn't have to be such a prick about it.

Gears of War (one of my favourite games of all time) could not be done justice on the Wii. I'm not saying its' graphics are everything, I'm saying that they serve to make the tightly-honed gameplay that much more visceral. They are oneof the few developers that are able to use good graphics to enhance the gameplay, so I can see why he wouldn't want to make games for Wii.

But he has no business saying that people just 'drop' the Wii after two months. I've had mine since launch, and I play it nearly every day, often for several hours. I've always thought Mike Capps was an idiot--CliffyB should be the head of Epic.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I guess even fanboys can be the president of a company.

Zucas said:
Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@soriku

you honestly think their gonna lose money with GEOW 2 coming up??

No. I wasn't talking about GeoW2 though :3 They'll make money off of that. I meant their...other games. They can't make HD game after HD game forever you know.

Sure they can. When your epic and originality and innovation means nothing to you and your stupid fans continually want to buy the same old crap all the fucking time then you can pretty much make the same game every single time with a new name and people will buy it. Must be quite a luxury.

I can't be bothered to argue with this.

you can pretty much make the same game every single time with a new name and people will buy it.

Like Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart GC, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart ......... That 's what you meant right?

Kyros said:
you can pretty much make the same game every single time with a new name and people will buy it.

Like Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart GC, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart ......... That 's what you meant right?
I beat you to it

Around the Network

damn true

I loved UT back in the day (it was a great FPS, still is), UT2K3 was HORRIBLE, UT2K4 fixed many of 2K3's issues and ended up being pretty good, but I can't regard UT3 to be any more than an update that isn't worth the full price of admission ($20 bin maybe).

Most likely I'll never touch GearsOW (PC only) unless I can turn off the gore, I really hate that in games.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I've actually said this before in another Epic thread: Epic is the antithesis of what works on the Wii. They're definitely not a right fit for the Wii.

The barbs are just an extra attack because they don't have to do business with Nintendo anyway and it stokes the flames of 360/PS3 fires.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Meh, I'll keep playing the only UT game worth playing. It's lasted me 9 years now, I would be very surprised if it doesn't last me another 9.

I tried playing UT2k3 and UT2k4, and neither of them was as much fun as UT99... sure, they may have had prettier graphics, but some of the magic was lost.

Although I will say there is a certain Valve game that may eventually replace UT99 as my multiplayer FPS of choice.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

I thought people wanted money, not "Epic" games I guess.