By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - epic games wont ever make games for the wii

rocketpig said:
bdbdbd said:
@rocketpig: I'd say that UE4 will be on Nintendos next console, as well as to the other next-gen consoles.
I'd also say, that the next gen consoles won't be noticeably more powerful than the current generation consoles, around 2-3 times as powerful as PS3, with single processors.

It's possible that UE4 could run on Nintendo's next console, though I doubt it because developers will have the quite-capable UE3 to run on it already.

We won't go back to single processors... Multi-core is here to stay. The benefits of multi-core greatly outweigh the marginal extra cost. As for pure processing power, I agree. We won't see a huge leap in the next generation of consoles... Nintendo has proven that it just isn't necessary. Besides, games will easily be running 1080p with even a marginal boost in power.

I'm not going to argue about the number of processors, just give some reasoning behind my thinking. But it depends mostly about how the consoles are going to be meant to be used. If we are seeing multimedia devices next gen, multicore is pretty likely (not necessarily symmetrical in terms of specs, but more like what EE is). Or if the "arms race" continues, we may see multiple processors in that case too. But i'm assuming that next generation isn't about system power, even less when the biggest improvement would be stable framerate, which sets demands mostly to GPU. When next generation arrives, the single core processors, with 2-3 times PS3 performance are cheap and "enough", which means that you can make money from the start with your console. Why i disagree with UE3, is because we propably customized chipsets, which differ from the current processors. Sure you can use the UE3, but it needs customization, which is again "last gen", the exact same situation that we have today with UE2. It's not only about power, but the size and type of instruction set used too. So, i believe, that the UE4 will be closer to what all the next gen consoles use and it will have Epics support until UE5 comes out.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
bdbdbd said:
@rocketpig: I'd say that UE4 will be on Nintendos next console, as well as to the other next-gen consoles.
I'd also say, that the next gen consoles won't be noticeably more powerful than the current generation consoles, around 2-3 times as powerful as PS3, with single processors.

It's possible that UE4 could run on Nintendo's next console, though I doubt it because developers will have the quite-capable UE3 to run on it already.

We won't go back to single processors... Multi-core is here to stay. The benefits of multi-core greatly outweigh the marginal extra cost. As for pure processing power, I agree. We won't see a huge leap in the next generation of consoles... Nintendo has proven that it just isn't necessary. Besides, games will easily be running 1080p with even a marginal boost in power.

I'm not going to argue about the number of processors, just give some reasoning behind my thinking. But it depends mostly about how the consoles are going to be meant to be used. If we are seeing multimedia devices next gen, multicore is pretty likely (not necessarily symmetrical in terms of specs, but more like what EE is). Or if the "arms race" continues, we may see multiple processors in that case too. But i'm assuming that next generation isn't about system power, even less when the biggest improvement would be stable framerate, which sets demands mostly to GPU. When next generation arrives, the single core processors, with 2-3 times PS3 performance are cheap and "enough", which means that you can make money from the start with your console. Why i disagree with UE3, is because we propably customized chipsets, which differ from the current processors. Sure you can use the UE3, but it needs customization, which is again "last gen", the exact same situation that we have today with UE2. It's not only about power, but the size and type of instruction set used too. So, i believe, that the UE4 will be closer to what all the next gen consoles use and it will have Epics support until UE5 comes out.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

smbu2000 said:
Well I just skipped over all the other pages (I only read the OP), but the quote so reminded me of the Matrix (first one) when he talks about the Wii spreading like a virus, hehe. :)

"There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern... a virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer on this planet, you are a plague, and we... are the cure."

*reads post. smashes Wii.* Crisis averted!!

epic has really gotten on my nerves as of late with the 360 UT3 bs. This is understandable but I really want to punch Mark in the mouth next time I see him anyways.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Well, it's a good thing I've never really played any game that Epic made, nor have I had any real interest to do so.. otherwise it might have disappoined me.  I'd be more confused if a guy like him spoke highly of the Wii, so it's pretty much expected.

Around the Network

Yes, because Nintendo always intends to optimize graphical output.

Look at 1st party titles... why do they sell?

Their good all around is why.

The graphics are good enough, the game play is what you wanted, and the vision is accepted.

Wii tech is so undeveloped because no one try'd to develop on he GC.

Capcom and a few others are the exceptions and guess what, it shows.

(By developed I intend to mean researched.)

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D