By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - epic games wont ever make games for the wii

Let's just make it clear. It's not his stance. It's his BS justification for that stance.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Shadowblind said:
its for the best. Bad hardware can't handle the U3E. It can handle the Original unreal engine though. I think.

Do I have to put this link in every page of the thread?

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/23/unreal-engine-3-coming-to-wii-but-not-by-epic/

It will not include some of the more complex features though. Wii can't handle the engine as it's improved due to it's lack of memory, and other bits lol

But you get what i mean. If the Wii can handle it then call me stupid, but i havn't seen a single game on the Wii that would lead me to think otherwise. I don't think we'l see anything like Mass Effect, Bioshock or Gears on the Wii because it just can't do it.

Would anybody have believed, in 1985, that the NES could handle the likes of Super Mario Bros 3 or Battletoads? I wager not; back in the early years of the system, nobody thought the system could handle anything significantly better than the original Super Mario Bros. And looking at the original PS1 lineup with the likes of Final Fantasy VII and Bubsy 3D, would you ever have guessed that visual powerhouses like Final Fantasy IX or Metal Gear Solid would come out on that system? What about when the PS2 first launched, and it had games like the original Dark Cloud, and GTA3, while it ended up getting far more impressive titles like Tales of the Abyss and Rogue Galaxy?

The point is, a game system's potential is not apparent from the get-go, or even a few years in. As developers learn the ins and outs of a system, they also learn how to exploit it better.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Oh to support UE 4 supporting consoles first.

http://kotaku.com/367219/unreal-engine-4-targeting-consoles-not-pcs

NJ5 said:
Shadowblind said:
its for the best. Bad hardware can't handle the U3E. It can handle the Original unreal engine though. I think.

Do I have to put this link in every page of the thread?

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/23/unreal-engine-3-coming-to-wii-but-not-by-epic/

lol, I meant it could run UE2.

That was from November. Here, read this interview with him from IGN. It will explain my reasoning. However, people can change. it would be awesome if it did get ported to Wii :)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/868/868001p4.html

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

It's like it must be posted every 20 posts or so.

UE3 is already in development for Wii via a 3rd party licensee.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I read every single post in this thread.
It probably is the most entertaining thread I've ever read on VGChartz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Simple answer is because a Wii2 with those features would only sustain a market they already found to be their mainstream if that's the case.

The point is should nintendo keep their motto is to bring in other markets.

Remember that thing where Shigeru was claiming that he intends the whole gaming experience to involve only 1 button?

The Wii has a market, the point is to disrupt it when the time comes, then go around it and gobble it up, should it be the leading platform in 2012.

Could that include having birdie or eagle to the PS3 on horse power? Maybe, but probably not, I'm just saying the way you said that it's like destiny for them to go in that direction when it really isn't. Seems like the mandate before the Wii's specs were made public, heck after it.. heck even now.

That mentaility is like. "Well we killed Sony/Microsoft, now let's make their kinds of systems."

Sure it could be HD + something else though.

Edit:

Yea, saw that coming, I read that article before, I still think it's going to be gunning for the PC, should pirating be calmed on PC or the console gaming market become as violent as PC. (Piraters)

Either that or I missed something along the way - these guys are supposed to be the guys that push the hardware to the limit, for them to take themselves away from the PC means that Consoles are going down a very bad road (I doubt) as in their going to be upgradable/ he just wants the security.

Like I said this man is the demographic he builds his games for, maybe theirs a shift of that market from PC to Console.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@OP *facepalm* Ugh thats kinda stupid...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Well I just skipped over all the other pages (I only read the OP), but the quote so reminded me of the Matrix (first one) when he talks about the Wii spreading like a virus, hehe. :)

"There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern... a virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer on this planet, you are a plague, and we... are the cure."

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"