By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - epic games wont ever make games for the wii

http://www.megatonik.com/2008/04/20/mike-capps-says-epic-games-wont-ever-make-a-game-for-the-wii-we-go-forward-not-back/

Epic Games' president, Mike Capps, reiterated what Epic has previously said in an interview with IGN, stating that Epic won't ever be developing games for the Wii. It's not about the success of the platform to him, but what can be done on it. When asked whether there would ever be a time when Epic would be forced to give in and create a game for the Wii, Capps said, "no, we go forward, not back. It makes more sense for us to invest in the next-generation tech."

As for why he believes the Wii has become so popular, he says it's like a virus that just keeps spreading:

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. Obviously there's a large number of people who really love it and enjoy it and are getting into the games but I'm still waiting for that one game that makes me play it.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network

This will not end well.......

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

blah blah blah
we'll see what happens when the Wii continues to pwn the other consoles

epic sucks anyway i dont even care they can go straight to hell

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Epic already sold out by going to consoles in the first place, so why not go to the Wii?

Around the Network

what a loony

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Let the Epic bashing commence.

he makes a valid point. the library of games for the wii is seriously lacking.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

The guy is a tool, he can look forward to out of control development cost and low sales.

Dont really care much, they use shiny graphics to hide shallow gameplay. If they dont have shiny graphics, whats left? not much.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

@soriku

you honestly think their gonna lose money with GEOW 2 coming up??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey