By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - epic games wont ever make games for the wii

FishyJoe said:
In business there is no such thing as never.

Who would have guessed a few years ago Sonic would be one of the biggest names on a Nintendo console game?

Lol, that right there does strike me as quite ironic, seeing as how Sega and Ninty were competing fiercely over the same audience not 15 years ago...

Around the Network

and in other news shares of Epic were down to an all time low do to the fact that morons are allowed to talk to the press......seriously when will a company learn that even if they dont like the wii....just dont talk

Who brought the Red Steal game for the Wii? That uses Epics engine. So stop complaining lol

There just not creating any new middleware for use on the Wii because their previous engines can easily be used on the Wii by other developers.

So Epic does make money off the Wii in other ways.

From Wikipedia

The associate producer of Red Steel Jean-Baptiste Duval, said in an interview with Australian video game magazine Hyper that the game runs on a modified Unreal Engine 2.5. He said that much of the Ubisoft staff had worked on the engine and knew its strengths and weaknesses. The graphics of the game have been designed to achieve a defining artistic style rather than photorealism.

I remember Epic's application for employment was basically a check sheet with 2 questions.

1. Are you tech savy? Yes , No?
2. Graphic Whore much? Yes , No?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
I remember Epic's application for employment was basically a check sheet with 2 questions.

1. Are you tech savy? Yes , No?
2. Graphic Whore much? Yes , No?

Epic is not all about graphics, they are about physics and creating ever more immersive envirnoments. For them to stop achieving this then that would be a step backwards for them, because they are going forward with this.

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
and in other news shares of Epic were down to an all time low do to the fact that morons are allowed to talk to the press......seriously when will a company learn that even if they dont like the wii....just dont talk

Silly wabbit...Epic is a private company. No shareholders to worry about...

its pretty much true what he says, allthough i like the wii(dont own one enjoy playing one) i know at least 3 mates of mine who bought it , bought 1 game and never played it again

ToastyJaguar said:

Who brought the Red Steal game for the Wii? That uses Epics engine. So stop complaining lol

There just not creating any new middleware for use on the Wii because their previous engines can easily be used on the Wii by other developers.

From Wikipedia

The associate producer of Red Steel Jean-Baptiste Duval, said in an interview with Australian video game magazine Hyper that the game runs on a modified Unreal Engine 2.5. He said that much of the Ubisoft staff had worked on the engine and knew its strengths and weaknesses. The graphics of the game have been designed to achieve a defining artistic style rather than photorealism.

The thing is, that UE 2.5 isn't the most optimal engine for Wii (as the wiki article said: modified) and i have hard time to believe that Epic would be really making money with Wii by having two games use its engine. Or can someone tell me how common Unreal Engine is in Wii games? Redsteel propably wasn't the best example of showing the systems power (although, it was one of the best looking launch games), so maybe a Wii specific engine would be preferred by the developers.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

ToastyJaguar said:

From Wikipedia

The thing is, that UE 2.5 isn't the most optimal engine for Wii (as the wiki article said: modified) and i have hard time to believe that Epic would be really making money with Wii by having two games use its engine. Or can someone tell me how common Unreal Engine is in Wii games? Redsteel propably wasn't the best example of showing the systems power (although, it was one of the best looking launch games), so maybe a Wii specific engine would be preferred by the developers.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I really get hurt when people say something like:

"I bought (insert console here) played a 'game' and (sold it the next day or never played it again or sold it later)"

Since when did the console make the games?

If they didn't like the controller or they wanted HD or Dvd movies or something the Wii doesn't, isn't and seems like it will never offer then sure.

Aside from that comments like the above should just be tossed into the:

"Processor lolsz!" section.

For the record - the Xbox had the most horse power "last gen" but the ugliest chip set and was only able to go about 17 million polygons (The highest count is 16 currently) without serious frame drops, the GC could go IDK but the highest count is 20 million atm rendered on the screen at one time, by todays standards thats amazing still, specially to do that in HD, not sure if they have yet, but thats expensive.

So saying the Wii is graphically under par is true if your saying the PS3 is par.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D