By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bagged myself a series s

Hello Xbox people, I'm a Nintendo gamer with a slice of PlayStation, but have opted to take the plunge for the current gen by buying a series S. Please may I have some recommendations to get my Xbox journey started. So far I have picked up AC Vallhalla, Gears 5, Sunset overdrive and Necromunder hired gun. I'm open to suggestions especially games that have been updated for

series X/S

Around the Network

Just get gamepass, great selection of games.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Since you said you're a Nintendo gamer get Rare Replay.
The Xbox Series S has access to various Xbox and Xbox 360 titles. So if you haven't played these titles I'll recommend Metal Gear Rising, Sonic Adventure 1+2, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Generations, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and some more. I also hope they add more titles.
As for Xbox One titles there's a lot, but I start by saying Resident Evil 2, Bayonetta (also can play Xbox 360 version), Vanquish (also can play Xbox 360 version), Monster Hunter World, Dragon Quest 11 S, Octopath Traveler, Nier Automatta, DOOM, DOOM Eternal, and more.

Congrats first of all. What kind of genre's do you enjoy playing? The easy thing to suggest is getting Game Pass. They currently have $1 for 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate. If you prefer buying games, check out MCC, Forza Horizon 4, Gears Tactic if you enjoy strategy games, Ori 1 and 2, Quantum Break, and a bunch of 3rd party titles have received FPS boost. You can also play plenty of great BC X360 and Xbox titles for cheap.

Here is a list of fps boosted titles you can check out. Games Featuring FPS Boost - Xbox's Major Nelson

smroadkill15 said:

Congrats first of all. What kind of genre's do you enjoy playing? The easy thing to suggest is getting Game Pass. They currently have $1 for 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate. If you prefer buying games, check out MCC, Forza Horizon 4, Gears Tactic if you enjoy strategy games, Ori 1 and 2, Quantum Break, and a bunch of 3rd party titles have received FPS boost. You can also play plenty of great BC X360 and Xbox titles for cheap.

Here is a list of fps boosted titles you can check out. Games Featuring FPS Boost - Xbox's Major Nelson

I play a variety of genres as I like to broaden my horizons. I'm covered for JRPGs on Switch and it's my go to for indies. I got my series s to catch up on exclusive games I missed and to see multiplats running at 60fps, so thank you for the fps boost list. 

Around the Network

Start picking up the Xbox One heavy hitters...

* Halo 5.
* Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
* Gears 4.
* Gears 5.
* Gears Ultimate Edition.
* Sunset Overdrive.
* Halo Wars Definitive Edition
* Halo Wars 2
* Ori and the will of the wisps.
* Ori and the Blind forest.
* Quantum Break.
* Rare Replay.
* Killer Instinct.
* Gears Tactics.

I would even go back to the Xbox 360 and grab a few titles from there like Fable Anniversary and Fable 2.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Play the Ori games if you like platformers at all, play Halo: CE (via MCC) and Halo 5 whether you like FPSs or not. You just need to experience that franchise since you're a gamer. Gears 5 is a great one too. Also play some Forza (both Motorsport and Horizon).

Why not Series X? Though plenty of reasons come to mind.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

VAMatt said:

Play the Ori games if you like platformers at all, play Halo: CE (via MCC) and Halo 5 whether you like FPSs or not. You just need to experience that franchise since you're a gamer. Gears 5 is a great one too. Also play some Forza (both Motorsport and Horizon).

I have the Ori games on Switch and they are incredible. Gears 5 I started a few hours ago and love what I've played so far, the boost to series S looks beautiful.  I'm thinking maybe Forza next. 

Metallox said:

Why not Series X? Though plenty of reasons come to mind.

Affordability is the main reason tbh. Being a Switch and PS4 owner it's been hard to convince my wife to let me buy another device to tether to our TV ?. Seriously though the series S is great value, especially with gamepass.