By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bagged myself a series s

zippy said:
VAMatt said:

Play the Ori games if you like platformers at all, play Halo: CE (via MCC) and Halo 5 whether you like FPSs or not. You just need to experience that franchise since you're a gamer. Gears 5 is a great one too. Also play some Forza (both Motorsport and Horizon).

I have the Ori games on Switch and they are incredible. Gears 5 I started a few hours ago and love what I've played so far, the boost to series S looks beautiful.  I'm thinking maybe Forza next. 

Definitely some Forza is a good idea.

But, I'd still play some Ori, assuming you have a Gamepass subscription.  They perform better on Series S. 

Around the Network
Metallox said:

Why not Series X? Though plenty of reasons come to mind.

I'm gonna guess - price and availability.

I should also say this:

Congrats on your purchase. I own both a Series X and Series S, and can confidently say that you have a very capable piece of hardware to play with. You also have a great catalog of games to choose from, assuming you skipped XB last generation. You have lots of enjoyment coming!

VAMatt said:
Metallox said:

Why not Series X? Though plenty of reasons come to mind.

I'm gonna guess - price and availability.

I was gonna say availability but price is an obvious reason, too. Sometimes I get the feeling there's only a 100 dollar gap between both systems, but in reality it's double the amount, it's a substantial difference. And even then, Series S is quite the deal, indeed. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

zippy said:
VAMatt said:

Play the Ori games if you like platformers at all, play Halo: CE (via MCC) and Halo 5 whether you like FPSs or not. You just need to experience that franchise since you're a gamer. Gears 5 is a great one too. Also play some Forza (both Motorsport and Horizon).

I have the Ori games on Switch and they are incredible. Gears 5 I started a few hours ago and love what I've played so far, the boost to series S looks beautiful.  I'm thinking maybe Forza next. 

You can play all the previous Gears of war games as well. Check out Gears 5 Hivebusters DLC. Excellent expansion and included free if you have Game Pass Ultimate. Horde and versus mode in Gears 5 is really fun too if you like multiplayer. 

Around the Network
zippy said:
smroadkill15 said:

Congrats first of all. What kind of genre's do you enjoy playing? The easy thing to suggest is getting Game Pass. They currently have $1 for 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate. If you prefer buying games, check out MCC, Forza Horizon 4, Gears Tactic if you enjoy strategy games, Ori 1 and 2, Quantum Break, and a bunch of 3rd party titles have received FPS boost. You can also play plenty of great BC X360 and Xbox titles for cheap.

Here is a list of fps boosted titles you can check out. Games Featuring FPS Boost - Xbox's Major Nelson

I play a variety of genres as I like to broaden my horizons. I'm covered for JRPGs on Switch and it's my go to for indies. I got my series s to catch up on exclusive games I missed and to see multiplats running at 60fps, so thank you for the fps boost list. 

Gotcha. There is also a great selection of indie games you might not find on Switch. The Ascent is releasing next month and will be on Game Pass. The Medium was a solid 7.5/10 game and Call of the Sea I heard was great. Crackdown 3 is mindless fun and you can play the previous Crackdown games too.  

Nice. Enjoy that SSD, it’s the next gen game changer in all of these consoles.

Check out ReCore, very underrated platformer imho.

OP - how are you liking your S?

VAMatt said:

OP - how are you liking your S?

Loving it thanks mate. Got gamepass ultimate, what a bargain. Games galore, and seeing all those E3 reveals that are gamepass day one it makes me think Xbox are in for a good gen. Fully satisfied with my purchase and I would highly recommend.