By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will Hellblade 2 be crossgen?

What do you think?

Yes, it will be 22 45.83%

No, it won't be 26 54.17%

Total:48

I highly doubt it, the game looks like its a l;late 2022 release at the earliest. And that's if it keeps a similar scale to the first game. If they turn it into a full blown AAA title then yeah, even further out

Around the Network

While Flight Simulator's XB1 port could be simply impossible, the HB2 most likely will be cross-gen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't.

NobleTeam360 said:

I doubt it. In fact, most of MS's 1st party games (Avowed, Forza Motorsport, Fable, Everwild, Hellblade II, Perfect Dark, and SoD3) all have no Xbox One version announced. Maybe that changes in the future but as far as right now, Halo Infinite is the only title that is cross gen from MS.

That's a good sign. I confess, amidst almost everything third party being crossgen as well as now most of Sony's big games, I somehow lost track and didn't realize Halo was the only big crossgen first party game on Xbox Series.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 June 2021

curl-6 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I doubt it. In fact, most of MS's 1st party games (Avowed, Forza Motorsport, Fable, Everwild, Hellblade II, Perfect Dark, and SoD3) all have no Xbox One version announced. Maybe that changes in the future but as far as right now, Halo Infinite is the only title that is cross gen from MS.

That's a good sign. I confess, amidst almost everything third party being crossgen as well as now most of Sony's big games, I somehow lost track and didn't realize Halo was the only big crossgen first party game on Xbox Series.

That's good? You forget thats also their only big game to realese in the entire first year? So 100% of xbox big games are crosgen.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

That's good? You forget thats also their only big game to realese in the entire first year? So 100% of xbox big games are crosgen.

According to a recent leak, Flight Simulator comes out this month, and there's a chance other first party releases may occur before the first year is up.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

According to a recent leak, Flight Simulator comes out this month, and there's a chance other first party releases may occur before the first year is up.

Acording to leaks? Well then thats a wrap then. Its not like there are leaks and rumors for exclusives for sony and Nintendo. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Yeah many MS games are unlikely to be cross-gen because they are simply so far away, we're talking 2023 at the earliest for many of them

eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

Acording to leaks? Well then thats a wrap then. Its not like there are leaks and rumors for exclusives for sony and Nintendo. 

You stated Halo was their only big game for their first year as if it was a confirmed fact, when it is not, that's all.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 June 2021

curl-6 said:
eva01beserk said:

You stated Halo was their only big game for their first year as if it was a confirmed fact, when it is not, that's all.

Its the only corfirmed game so far. That could definetly change. But you where comparing known anounced games for sony and MS but decided to add leaked or rumor games in the MS corner. 

eva01beserk said:
curl-6 said:

Its the only corfirmed game so far. That could definetly change. But you where comparing known anounced games for sony and MS but decided to add leaked or rumor games in the MS corner. 

I wasn't comparing MS to Sony, this was never meant to be a contest. Not everything has to be a list/console war, and that's not what this thread is about.

I simply stated that it's a good sign in my opinion that Halo's the only confirmed upcoming big game to be crossgen on XS, because I don't want Hellblade 2 to be, that's all.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 June 2021