By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation IR 2021 info (women, UC4 PC, 48 mil ps+, PS5 profits???)

That 250% ROI for Horizon Zero Dawn PC Port is nuts!

If they were to port Gravity Rush and Bloodborne, I'd double dip in a heart beat. (Triple dip for gravity rush)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Why Uncharted 4 instead of Nathan Drake Collection? Older games, but it makes more sense than porting the 4th chapter of a series not on PC yet.

They also published that starting from next month (June 2021), the PS5 disc edition will be profitable.
That’s nuts

Also, it took 5 years for them to port U4, not bad. Maybe they will announce the uncharted collection (all games) for PS5/PC at E3.

But... they still doomed right?

I'm sure that digital is the one that's hurting them. I'm sure the majority of them are the disc version as to offest the loss of the digital.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I don't know why but one of the key takeaways in parenthesis being just "women" is hilarious to me, lol.

Around the Network

"Uncharted 4 appears to be the next title headed to PC."

Made my day

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

I didn’t expect Uncharted 4 to be the next PC port. The Last of Us made more sense since it’s an ongoing series (Factions mode, an alleged remake of the first game and a TV series). And as many people said, it would be odd to port just the last game of the main series and not the whole tetralogy

The global image is interesting as it appears Australia, NZ, Korea and Taiwan are also part of the NA/EU/JP marketshare.

So the 10%+ proportion are mostly countries like China, Brazil, India, Mexico, South Africa, Russia and the Middle East region.

Vendrom said:

I didn’t expect Uncharted 4 to be the next PC port. The Last of Us made more sense since it’s an ongoing series (Factions mode, an alleged remake of the first game and a TV series). And as many people said, it would be odd to port just the last game of the main series and not the whole tetralogy

It makes sense to port Uncharted 4 and save the last of Us for later, the reason is UC at the moment has run it's race while The Last of Us 2 still has sales value on PS4/5, the reason for only UC4 is most likely what I mentioned when they ported Horizon that Sony maybe looking at this as a way to make a high ROI from first party games without fully moving their franchises onto PC.

By porting select first party Games that have run their race on PS4 but are modern enough make a good looking PC port while the franchises themselves and their futures are kept tied to the PS5 PS6 etc, it also allows them more flexibility in how they approach PC going forward.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

How do they know that women account for 41% of PS4/ PS5 ownership? Do they count whoever bought the console, or who lives in the house the console's in? What do they do when the console's owned by a family?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.