By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Previous Generation Console Have Gone Up

snyps said:
hinch said:

These consoles are actually quite cheap considering the hardware they have in them. You want to see big price hikes and increases check out PC parts (particularly graphics cards) and prepare to have your mind blown.

I actually don't see spending an extra £50-100 more for a long term gaming device (of 6+ years support) all that bad. Tbh I wouldn't minded if they upped it and the specs even more.

That made me feel better. I’m really glad now I upgraded my rx 570 when I did. 

Things went tits up when Crypto mining boomed and pandemic had people in a buying frenzy, be glad you have a good working (and decent) GPU lol.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Because the WiiU is the only place where you can play Xenoblade Chronicles X of course :)

That game ... I want to play it sooooo bad but it's not on the Switch. I thought the game looked very interesting ever since I picked up my Wii U, but I stopped using it by the time X released and eventually sold the console (stupid, I know). 

Xenoblade X's soundtrack alone makes me want to play the game, even if it ends up not being very good. 

hinch said:
snyps said:

That made me feel better. I’m really glad now I upgraded my rx 570 when I did. 

Things went tits up when Crypto mining boomed and pandemic had people in a buying frenzy, be glad you have a good working (and decent) GPU lol.

Sounds like a gold rush, more people made money selling tools than in mining for the gold. 

Last edited by snyps - on 24 May 2021

The Wii U is no longer in production and it didn't sell a lot so those prices make sense. But the same thing can't be said about the X1 and PS4 those prices are too high.

JackHandy said:

I remember when consoles at this stage in their life-cycle were either $99.99 or below.

Older chips no longer drop in prices like they used to.

Around the Network

At Gamestop in store only you can buy a new 1 TB PS4 slim for $289.99 or a new 1TB XBox One S for the same price which is a bit more reasonable then the amazon prices. If older chips would drop in prices like they used to and there wouldn't be a global chip shortage both would be less then $229.99 new.

I kind of get why the Wii U is getting up there in price. There weren't tens of millions of them out there. Plus, there's only so many functioning gamepads left.

I can't fathom those prices for Xbox One and PS4 unless it was maybe the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Bristow9091 said:
mjk45 said:

Why did you bring this up, it only reminds me that I have the game but no WII U to play it since I traded it in when I bought my Switch.

Interesting, I have a Wii U but no copy of the game to play on it... perhaps we could work something out :P 

I agree. You can send me your WiiU and he the Xenoblade and I keep and play them =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm gonna sell a few Xbox Ones...

I have a WiiU collecting dust. I keep thinking I'll fire up Kart sometime, but I never so. May as well get some cash for it.