By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Previous Generation Console Have Gone Up

Wow. And I thought I would have to undersell my PS4 Pro KH III Limited Edition for 200 bucks when I finally decide to upgrade to PS5. If this trend continues, I might be able to jump to the next gen at zero cost xDDD

BTW, so sad that so many people weren't able to play Xenoblade X. Such a good game...

Last edited by Vodacixi - on 25 May 2021

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
DonFerrari said:

I agree. You can send me your WiiU and he the Xenoblade and I keep and play them =p

Oof, that's gonna' have to be a hard pass from me, sorry ;)

Can't say I'm happy with this decision.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

snyps said:

I’m guessing this isn’t news to many of you, but what’s up with the price of consoles from last gen? 

Amazon:

Wii U is $300-$400

Xbox 1 is $500

PS4 is $400-$500

I get that the world economic shutdown shorted the supply of new gen, so I guess that’s my answer. I wanted to bring this up in case anyone had any more information. 

a year ago, I could have bought a used Xbox One S for $150. I’m not paying 500!!

Why would anyone pay that much for last gen?

PS5/XSX play basically all the older gen games.
Wii U doesnt really have any must play games, that arnt already ported to Switch....

This makes little sense to me.

Regular external HDD went up in prices the 4TB Seagate I bought for my X1 S for $99.99 over four years ago at Gamestop now costs $119.99 there.

JackHandy said:

I remember when consoles at this stage in their life-cycle were either $99.99 or below.

I doubt we will see consoles that retail new at 1/3 of their launch price at the end of the generation again.  I think we will be lucky if they drop to 2/3 of their launch price by the end.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I'm gonna sell a few Xbox Ones...

No your not you Hoarder you.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

DonFerrari said:
Bristow9091 said:

Oof, that's gonna' have to be a hard pass from me, sorry ;)

What about asking me Don, on a more serious note Bristow9091 I have finished the game and it's just sitting there so the offer still stands and you can keep it. do you want it?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Damn I wish I held my Xbox one now... the confusing thing for me is I thought the ps4 and Xbox one s was still in production. Is demand really that high? Lol

dx11332sega said:

Why are these so high? these things noone plays them anymore they are all available on PS5 and Xbox series . I rather buy xbox series S than pay 500 for an xbox one.

My hypothesis is that it's probably a result of people (particularly in the case of Wii-U) thinking they're going to stockpile a bunch of these things and then make bank in five or ten years when these consoles are no longer in stores. They're hedging their bets on people's adherence to nostalgia. That and scarcity. 

mjk45 said:
DonFerrari said:

What about asking me Don, on a more serious note Bristow9091 I have finished the game and it's just sitting there so the offer still stands and you can keep it. do you want it?

Unfortunately I still need to buy a WiiU, I postponed the purchase in 2019 and regret it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."