By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AMD FSR crazzy prediction

Will sony and MS have FSR by their E3 conference?

Yes. And all previous games will be enhanced 1 11.11%

Yes. And all exclusive ga... 1 11.11%

Yes. But only from then f... 1 11.11%

No. But they will anounce... 3 33.33%

No. It will be ready by next year 2 22.22%

No. This year not even for pc will be ready 1 11.11%

Total:9
Darc Requiem said:

It doesn't and that has literally zero to do with anything I've said. The fastest way to have a technology implemented by game developers is have it open source. One only has to look at how quickly Resizable BAR has been adopted to see that. AMD was first with the technology but because it's an open source solution. Nvidia was able to implement the technology quickly. Since both AMD and Nvidia cards are cable of this feature, it incentivizes developers to actually use it.

Also your Ryzen comment doesn't make much since. Ryzen took three generations to surpass it's Intel competition completely. Zen 1 was a good value proposition with some productivity advantages. Zen 2 nearly matched Intel in gaming and destroyed them in productivity task. Zen 3 took the gaming and productivity crown. If RDNA is going to "be like Ryzen", then RDNA3 (the 7000series of GPUs) would be the product line to surpass Nvidia. 

Let's just fluff this up to agree to disagree, because it's obvious where we're headed. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:

Again if AMD's tech is worse than Nvidia, wich should be expected, Your unwilling to understand that it can get better over time. And the point of mass adoption is the main reason that it will improve at at faster rate. Because you yourself brought up a few features before that got adopted over better ones simply because it was more available. Would you rather have none cuz a feature is locked behind a niche product? Because thats what DLSS is right now, very few games have it and the adoption started recently. That's the other side of the gated community you forget to mention that devs wont push something where the market is small.

And again at what point did I or anyone said this? I even tried telling you with every response that im not saying that and you still bring that up. I said very clearly that the consoles where gona be AMD's best friends. At no point did I say after that AMD was gona sit on their hands and just leave it to them. They can all 3 innovate  at the same time independent from each other and work together as well. How is that so difficult? Why would you think PC gets slighted because Consoles wich are the majority of the market gets hyped up?

OK but even if thats the case, this was never a console VS pc thing and my thread was that it was gona be good for all because they are working toghether. Not even, the main point was that a tech that is not out yet im predicting is gona be out sooner than anticipated across all platforms. You decided to make a PC vs console thing. Because im still trying to figure out how you managed to go in that direction even though I said multiple times it wasn't about that.

No I know it can get better over time, but so far that hasn't happened in means of surpassing what Nvidia has been doing on their end. Otherwise if AMD has gotten better by that logic, they would have the crown for both GPU perf and RT, but so far they have in raster.

I wasn't the one that brought up the VRR, that was Yuri. Also, like I said before, I wouldn't mind if said features were actually better and behaved well with both card types, instead of one over the other.

I don't see how DLSS is niche, considering it's not that old, Nvidia also has a lot of GPU's out there and at least two gens that are capable of DLSS and other said features since the 2000 series. So far devs are still talking good of DLSS, I don't see devs talking about Nvidia's noise cancelling/green screen tech, because frankly that's streaming related and thus no dev should really be talking about those two features being pushed, while DLSS on the other hand is still being talked of and mentioned by devs via updates from their websites, Steam forums and social media. 

Yes I know, but I don't see why AMD has to rely on consoles to push against Nvidia, when they can also use the same field Nvidia is on. As it stands Nvidia has it's PC marketing push, and that's how it gains it's mindshare, but with AMD, so far they've largely been relying on consoles and not their original field. Yes people buy AMD cards and the like, but I don't see them putting in the same level of focus as they have with consoles, marketing and all, and that's why I end up rolling my eyes whenever they do offer something open to PC and it's lacklustre (besides Ryzen, and Intel was also hella lazy, which people sometimes like to forget). 

It doesn't have to ever be a "console vs PC" thing if we stop using the "majority market" type talks. PC is a huge market, it's popular now more than ever, devs are both excited and desire to build games for that platform, and I wish you'd realise that and stop the talks of "consoles drive the market forward always" talk, because it's ignoring whatever PC ever does, and every time I have to mention this to anyone who makes that sort of speech, they then have to come back with "but PC has always done good things", and this is only mentioned when I bring this up, never mentioned without me having to say anything (for real, this happens a lot on here from what I've seen since 2014).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
eva01beserk said:

Again if AMD's tech is worse than Nvidia, wich should be expected, Your unwilling to understand that it can get better over time. And the point of mass adoption is the main reason that it will improve at at faster rate. Because you yourself brought up a few features before that got adopted over better ones simply because it was more available. Would you rather have none cuz a feature is locked behind a niche product? Because thats what DLSS is right now, very few games have it and the adoption started recently. That's the other side of the gated community you forget to mention that devs wont push something where the market is small.

And again at what point did I or anyone said this? I even tried telling you with every response that im not saying that and you still bring that up. I said very clearly that the consoles where gona be AMD's best friends. At no point did I say after that AMD was gona sit on their hands and just leave it to them. They can all 3 innovate  at the same time independent from each other and work together as well. How is that so difficult? Why would you think PC gets slighted because Consoles wich are the majority of the market gets hyped up?

OK but even if thats the case, this was never a console VS pc thing and my thread was that it was gona be good for all because they are working toghether. Not even, the main point was that a tech that is not out yet im predicting is gona be out sooner than anticipated across all platforms. You decided to make a PC vs console thing. Because im still trying to figure out how you managed to go in that direction even though I said multiple times it wasn't about that.

No I know it can get better over time, but so far that hasn't happened in means of surpassing what Nvidia has been doing on their end. Otherwise if AMD has gotten better by that logic, they would have the crown for both GPU perf and RT, but so far they have in raster.

I wasn't the one that brought up the VRR, that was Yuri. Also, like I said before, I wouldn't mind if said features were actually better and behaved well with both card types, instead of one over the other.

I don't see how DLSS is niche, considering it's not that old, Nvidia also has a lot of GPU's out there and at least two gens that are capable of DLSS and other said features since the 2000 series. So far devs are still talking good of DLSS, I don't see devs talking about Nvidia's noise cancelling/green screen tech, because frankly that's streaming related and thus no dev should really be talking about those two features being pushed, while DLSS on the other hand is still being talked of and mentioned by devs via updates from their websites, Steam forums and social media. 

Yes I know, but I don't see why AMD has to rely on consoles to push against Nvidia, when they can also use the same field Nvidia is on. As it stands Nvidia has it's PC marketing push, and that's how it gains it's mindshare, but with AMD, so far they've largely been relying on consoles and not their original field. Yes people buy AMD cards and the like, but I don't see them putting in the same level of focus as they have with consoles, marketing and all, and that's why I end up rolling my eyes whenever they do offer something open to PC and it's lacklustre (besides Ryzen, and Intel was also hella lazy, which people sometimes like to forget). 

It doesn't have to ever be a "console vs PC" thing if we stop using the "majority market" type talks. PC is a huge market, it's popular now more than ever, devs are both excited and desire to build games for that platform, and I wish you'd realise that and stop the talks of "consoles drive the market forward always" talk, because it's ignoring whatever PC ever does, and every time I have to mention this to anyone who makes that sort of speech, they then have to come back with "but PC has always done good things", and this is only mentioned when I bring this up, never mentioned without me having to say anything (for real, this happens a lot on here from what I've seen since 2014).

Oh you know but you ignore Darc Requiem post proving you wrong as how AMD has gained ground beating intel over 3 gens and now matching Nvidia over 2 gens and seems to be on track to do the same with the third gen according to rumors. 

Then should you not wait at least to see whats gona happen before you start complaining and blaming consoles? Because we know its impossible to beat dlss with a few years head start and the majority of the pc market. Theres no choice but to wait and see how FSR evolves. 

You just described a niche product. It dosent matter what the adoption will be in the future, or how long its been on the market, when it will change, how it will change, right now is niche. And thats the difference that you are unwilling to see. Even if its worse or better its still beneficial to the industry as a whole to have a mass adopted feature. SO even if its like 25% improvement over the better 50%, the industry still benefits from that 25% over the 0% that the vast majority of games have now, and a hand full of titles probably funded by Nvidia getting that 50%.

Again why on earth does AMD working with consoles stop them from doing work with PC? YOur not making sense here. There is no wall garden here and no peasants here. Again, you have made the arguments countless times that consoles are just PC's. So many times you made it that with scaling nothing will hold pc back. But now what?

Thats the thing that argument was brought by you. at no point of my original argument was that needed to be introduced untill you started. My point was very clear and simple. AMD as you even yourself have said does not have a competitive product and I said they cannot compete with them head to head in the PC space where Nvidiea dominates and has a few years head start with RTX and DLSS. I said they would leverage the consoles cuz why the f*ck not? At no point did you need to bring your inferiority complex and start to defend PC's cuz at no point was PC under attack. The only thing consoles at all bring to the conversation is the mass adoption of PC + Consoles. Both toghether it never needed to be one or the other how you wana make it. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

Oh you know but you ignore Darc Requiem post proving you wrong as how AMD has gained ground beating intel over 3 gens and now matching Nvidia over 2 gens and seems to be on track to do the same with the third gen according to rumors. 

Then should you not wait at least to see whats gona happen before you start complaining and blaming consoles? Because we know its impossible to beat dlss with a few years head start and the majority of the pc market. Theres no choice but to wait and see how FSR evolves. 

You just described a niche product. It dosent matter what the adoption will be in the future, or how long its been on the market, when it will change, how it will change, right now is niche. And thats the difference that you are unwilling to see. Even if its worse or better its still beneficial to the industry as a whole to have a mass adopted feature. SO even if its like 25% improvement over the better 50%, the industry still benefits from that 25% over the 0% that the vast majority of games have now, and a hand full of titles probably funded by Nvidia getting that 50%.

Thats the thing that argument was brought by you. at no point of my original argument was that needed to be introduced untill you started. My point was very clear and simple. AMD as you even yourself have said does not have a competitive product and I said they cannot compete with them head to head in the PC space where Nvidiea dominates and has a few years head start with RTX and DLSS. I said they would leverage the consoles cuz why the f*ck not? At no point did you need to bring your inferiority complex and start to defend PC's cuz at no point was PC under attack. The only thing consoles at all bring to the conversation is the mass adoption of PC + Consoles. Both toghether it never needed to be one or the other how you wana make it. 

If you want to make it personal, you can always take it to DM's, because that's the message I'm getting from you with that opening sentence. 

Of course we have to wait, that's what we're doing by default?.

It's still being pushed by Nvidia either way, and it's already on it's second gen instead of first gen, being pushed for like 5 games and then dying (like hairworks). I can see that in it's current state, it's still making rounds, but you're sitting here going FSR>DLSS=da future.

Nothing stops AMD from working with PC, you're ignoring the fact you previously mentioned AMD using consoles to go off on one against Nvidia, when I said they could also just push PC as much as Nvidia is doing, so that they don't have to feel like they can only use consoles to push it.

I'm amused you think this as much of me, because you yourself seem to suffer from such a complex.

"at no point was PC under attack", I dunno what rock you were hiding under, but I've seen plenty of times where the "death of PC" has become it's own inside joke for years now, not just on here but many other places as well, perpetuated by fanboys and shitty journalists. Claiming it's never been "attacked" is just straight up stupid and also pointless to this discussion, and no, I don't think "PC is being attacked" here at all.

AMD's computex keynote just finished. FSR has officially been announced and its going to be available on PC by june 22.

Now there was no mention of consoles availability. My guess is that they want to leave Sony and MS to announce in their own conference. But what does that mean for the date? Would they say its gona be date and date with PC? Or a bit later? MS has already said they are working on FSR in some title so my guess is the consoles will be date and date with pc.

Now with performance. Thats pretty good I find it. 59% with virtually no loss in quality at the best setting and 300% favoring performance sounds great. But the greatest part was the announcement of the availability, they basicly said a fridge will be able to run it. thats just amazing. Its gona get wide support quite quickly.

Now what of my prediction? Not enough info yet. We have to wait untill at the very least MS june 13 conference. Sony is rumored to be the 23rd, a day after FSR officially launches. Sounds a little to convenient to me. Ratchet and clank is a no go already. But I would not be surprised if they activate it on that june 23 conference and many other exclusive titles.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

I am going to wait until Digital Foundry does their comparisons before I fully judge it. Their press event didn't show much of anything when it came to image quality comparison against Native compared to what Nvidia has showcased before in their press events for DLSS vs Native.

I get the feeling that most game engines will continue to use their own upscaling techniques like TSR but we will see.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

I am going to wait until Digital Foundry does their comparisons before I fully judge it. Their press event didn't show much of anything when it came to image quality comparison against Native compared to what Nvidia has showcased before in their press events for DLSS vs Native.

I get the feeling that most game engines will continue to use their own upscaling techniques like TSR but we will see.

More games and better caparisons would help a lot. Maybe at another date we might get another showing. Maybe on the 13th, or 23rd? 

eva01beserk said:
Captain_Yuri said:

More games and better caparisons would help a lot. Maybe at another date we might get another showing. Maybe on the 13th, or 23rd? 

Yea certainly.

Here is Anandtech's take on it:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16723/amd-formally-unveils-fidelityfx-super-resolution-open-source-game-upscaling

"At this point AMD is not disclosing which games will support the technology, but the messaging right now is that developers will need to take some kind of an active role in implementing the tech. Which is to say that it’s not sounding like it can simply be applied in a fully post-processing fashion on existing games ala AMD’s contrast adaptive sharpening tech."

"And, to drop into op-ed mode, this is where AMD has me a bit worried. In our pre-briefing with AMD, the company did confirm that FSR is going to be a purely spatial upscaling technology; it will operate on a frame-by-frame basis, without taking into account motion data (motion vectors) from the game itself.

For GPU junkies, many of you will recognize this as a similar strategy to how NVIDIA designed DLSS 1.0, which was all about spatial upscaling by using pre-trained, game-specific neural network models. DLSS 1.0 was ultimately a failure – it couldn’t consistently produce acceptable results and temporal artifacting was all too common. It wasn’t until NVIDIA introduced DLSS 2.0, a significantly expanded version of the technology that integrated motion vector data (essentially creating Temporal AA on steroids), that they finally got DLSS as we know it in working order.

Given NVIDIA’s experience with spatial-only upscaling, I’m concerned that AMD is going to repeat NVIDIA’s early mistakes. Spatial is a lot easier to do on the backend – and requires a lot less work from developers – but the lack of motion vector data presents some challenges. In particular, motion vectors are the traditional solution to countering temporal artifacting in TAA/DLSS, which is what ensures that there are no frame-by-frame oddities or other rendering errors from moving objects. Which is not to say that spatial-only upscaling can’t work, only that, if it’s competitive in image quality with DLSS, that would be a big first for AMD."

"Taking a jab at NVIDIA by comparing the GTX 1060 running at 1440p native versus FSR in quality mode, the demonstration slide shows that performance is significantly improved, bringing the GTX 1060 from 27 fps to 38 fps. Unfortunately the image quality hit is quite noticeable here. The building and bridge are blurrier here than the native resolution example, and the tree in the background – which is composed of many fine details – easily gives up the fact that it’s running at a lower resolution."

(Left Native 1440p, right AMD FSR Quality Mode)

Now they are using the actual Raw image provided by AMD and not the youtube compression version. But with that being said, I'd obviously wait the games start coming out and up scaling to 4k looks better. And the performance is quite good as well.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 01 June 2021

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
eva01beserk said:

Yea certainly.

Here is Anandtech's take on it:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16723/amd-formally-unveils-fidelityfx-super-resolution-open-source-game-upscaling

"At this point AMD is not disclosing which games will support the technology, but the messaging right now is that developers will need to take some kind of an active role in implementing the tech. Which is to say that it’s not sounding like it can simply be applied in a fully post-processing fashion on existing games ala AMD’s contrast adaptive sharpening tech."

"And, to drop into op-ed mode, this is where AMD has me a bit worried. In our pre-briefing with AMD, the company did confirm that FSR is going to be a purely spatial upscaling technology; it will operate on a frame-by-frame basis, without taking into account motion data (motion vectors) from the game itself.

For GPU junkies, many of you will recognize this as a similar strategy to how NVIDIA designed DLSS 1.0, which was all about spatial upscaling by using pre-trained, game-specific neural network models. DLSS 1.0 was ultimately a failure – it couldn’t consistently produce acceptable results and temporal artifacting was all too common. It wasn’t until NVIDIA introduced DLSS 2.0, a significantly expanded version of the technology that integrated motion vector data (essentially creating Temporal AA on steroids), that they finally got DLSS as we know it in working order.

Given NVIDIA’s experience with spatial-only upscaling, I’m concerned that AMD is going to repeat NVIDIA’s early mistakes. Spatial is a lot easier to do on the backend – and requires a lot less work from developers – but the lack of motion vector data presents some challenges. In particular, motion vectors are the traditional solution to countering temporal artifacting in TAA/DLSS, which is what ensures that there are no frame-by-frame oddities or other rendering errors from moving objects. Which is not to say that spatial-only upscaling can’t work, only that, if it’s competitive in image quality with DLSS, that would be a big first for AMD."

"Taking a jab at NVIDIA by comparing the GTX 1060 running at 1440p native versus FSR in quality mode, the demonstration slide shows that performance is significantly improved, bringing the GTX 1060 from 27 fps to 38 fps. Unfortunately the image quality hit is quite noticeable here. The building and bridge are blurrier here than the native resolution example, and the tree in the background – which is composed of many fine details – easily gives up the fact that it’s running at a lower resolution."

(Left Native 1440p, right AMD FSR Quality Mode)

Now they are using the actual Raw image provided by AMD and not the youtube compression version. But with that being said, I'd obviously wait the games start coming out and up scaling to 4k looks better. And the performance is quite good as well.

Key here is that its gona work on a frame by frame basis and even they admitted it but still use a single frame to compare. This has been referred to in many sites and they say  this method will look better in motion than on single image comparisons. we Need full motion comparisons in many games.