By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AMD FSR crazzy prediction

Will sony and MS have FSR by their E3 conference?

Yes. And all previous games will be enhanced 1 11.11%

Yes. And all exclusive ga... 1 11.11%

Yes. But only from then f... 1 11.11%

No. But they will anounce... 3 33.33%

No. It will be ready by next year 2 22.22%

No. This year not even for pc will be ready 1 11.11%

Total:9
hinch said:

If the ultra quality is like what they showed is a accurate indication of what to expect at 4K then thats great. The 1440P at quality settings on the GTX 1060 does look quite bad in terms of image quality. However, this is just and launch and who knows it might improve a lot over the course of time.

But anyway since this will be working on my aging 1070, I'm super happy I can get some free performance for it.

Iirc the hands on demos are on the 22nd.

It might not work on your 1070 as AMD miss lead people in their presentation. They were just showing a proof of concept that it could work on a 10 series GPU but in reality, Nvidia would need to support it and do their own optimizations which I doubt will happen. At best, Nvidia will come up with their own solution but seeing as DLSS is their solution and they want to force people to upgrade, it's unlikely. The good news is, most engines will still have their their own upscaling solution such as UE5's Temporal Super Resolution that will work with your 10 series.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Yeah maybe. If I had to guess.. it's probably going to be like Fidelity FX like, where its implemented by devs into games, it can be used not only by AMD GPU's but also Nvidia's.

They wouldn't optimize the software for them for obvious reasons xP But anyway we'll find out on later this month *fingers crossed*

Last edited by hinch - on 03 June 2021

Captain_Yuri said:
hinch said:

If the ultra quality is like what they showed is a accurate indication of what to expect at 4K then thats great. The 1440P at quality settings on the GTX 1060 does look quite bad in terms of image quality. However, this is just and launch and who knows it might improve a lot over the course of time.

But anyway since this will be working on my aging 1070, I'm super happy I can get some free performance for it.

Iirc the hands on demos are on the 22nd.

It might not work on your 1070 as AMD miss lead people in their presentation. They were just showing a proof of concept that it could work on a 10 series GPU but in reality, Nvidia would need to support it and do their own optimizations which I doubt will happen. At best, Nvidia will come up with their own solution but seeing as DLSS is their solution and they want to force people to upgrade, it's unlikely. The good news is, most engines will still have their their own upscaling solution such as UE5's Temporal Super Resolution that will work with your 10 series.

I dont think he means its not gona work, just that as its not optimize you probably get worse performance than a radeon gpu. But you might still get something even if Nvidia does nothing. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I dont think he means its not gona work, just that as its not optimize you probably get worse performance than a radeon gpu. But you might still get something even if Nvidia does nothing. 

Yeah I read it the same way. It'll worked but it's up to Nvidia to optimize it for their hardware.