By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AMD FSR crazzy prediction

Will sony and MS have FSR by their E3 conference?

Yes. And all previous games will be enhanced 1 11.11%

Yes. And all exclusive ga... 1 11.11%

Yes. But only from then f... 1 11.11%

No. But they will anounce... 3 33.33%

No. It will be ready by next year 2 22.22%

No. This year not even for pc will be ready 1 11.11%

Total:9

I wouldn't parade AMD as some pariah tbh. Yes the Ti prices are trash, but it's not like AMD are offering same level for a superior price and superior RT results either.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Sounds like this won't be something that will just work on Nvidia GPUs unless Nvidia supports it and the demo they showed was just a proof of concept. If Nvidia doesn't support it, I think on the PC space, it could be a situation where engines will just use their own Upscaling technologies such as UE5's Temporal Super Sampling or UE4's TAA which will actually work on Both Nvidia and AMD GPUs that were released a few generations ago.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Sounds like this won't be something that will just work on Nvidia GPUs unless Nvidia supports it and the demo they showed was just a proof of concept. If Nvidia doesn't support it, I think on the PC space, it could be a situation where engines will just use their own Upscaling technologies such as UE5's Temporal Super Sampling or UE4's TAA which will actually work on Both Nvidia and AMD GPUs that were released a few generations ago.

Yeah, suddenly that's not sounding so great. I know Nvidia is far likely to pay attention to it's own DLSS, than to have AMD fork over FSR and have Nvidia tune it for their own end as well as DLSS, that just adds to the workload, while AMD can just work on FSR by itself.

Feels like what I thought might happen, could very well happen, where we'll get the usual AMD/Nvdia sponsored games that deal with one mode only, but I would hope that devs allow for both, but that doesn't happen a lot of the time, certainly not as much in the past. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yeah, suddenly that's not sounding so great. I know Nvidia is far likely to pay attention to it's own DLSS, than to have AMD fork over FSR and have Nvidia tune it for their own end as well as DLSS, that just adds to the workload, while AMD can just work on FSR by itself.

Feels like what I thought might happen, could very well happen, where we'll get the usual AMD/Nvdia sponsored games that deal with one mode only, but I would hope that devs allow for both, but that doesn't happen a lot of the time, certainly not as much in the past. 

Yea pretty much. Personally, I don't think many consoles games will be using this either and instead, will continue to use their own upscaling technologies.

It's like, if you are a developer, which one would you rather use?

UE4/UE5's upscaling technology that will work across consoles, AMD and Nvidia GPUs going back further than FSR and it's already implemented in engine or use AMD's FSR which at best will work on consoles and AMD PC GPUs (which as of March has only 18% market share on PC).

We will see on June 22nd though as to how good the image quality is.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Chazore said:

Yea pretty much. Personally, I don't think many consoles games will be using this either and instead, will continue to use their own upscaling technologies.

UE4/UE5's upscaling technology that will work across consoles, AMD and Nvidia GPUs going back further than FSR and it's already implemented in engine or use AMD's FSR which at best will work on consoles and AMD PC GPUs (which as of March has only 18% market share on PC).

Thats the thing. Untill wr know how each performs than we have nothing. Adding to that when will UE5 launch? If it takes to long some devs would go with FSR. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Thats the thing. Untill wr know how each performs than we have nothing. Adding to that when will UE5 launch? If it takes to long some devs would go with FSR. 

According to Epic games, UE5 will launch in 2022 and developers already have early access to it and building games for it.

Captain_Yuri said:
eva01beserk said:

According to Epic games, UE5 will launch in 2022 and developers already have early access to it and building games for it.

Honestly, it sounds like that's going to gain far more traction than FSR will. Esp with how FSR is looking from the previews alone, and well, Epic is pushing UE5 a lot more than AMD is FSR alone (That and they also said for Nvidia to do backend work on their part for FSR, while UE5 will work well with both GPU's).

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Honestly, it sounds like that's going to gain far more traction than FSR will. Esp with how FSR is looking from the previews alone, and well, Epic is pushing UE5 a lot more than AMD is FSR alone (That and they also said for Nvidia to do backend work on their part for FSR, while UE5 will work well with both GPU's).

Since FSR is SW based we never know if it won`t end up being backed/supported into UE5 and other tools.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

Since FSR is SW based we never know if it won`t end up being backed/supported into UE5 and other tools.

I believe UE5's solution will fare better for the time being, seeing as how Epic seems to be invested in making UE5 the best it can be.

If the ultra quality is like what they showed is a accurate indication of what to expect at 4K then thats great. The 1440P at quality settings on the GTX 1060 does look quite bad in terms of image quality. However, this is just and launch and who knows it might improve a lot over the course of time.

But anyway since this will be working on my aging 1070, I'm super happy I can get some free performance for it.

Iirc the hands on demos are on the 22nd.

Last edited by hinch - on 03 June 2021