By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What do you think of Russia ?

youjiro said:
are we gonna do this for every country in thw world now???

but on topic, i don't have an opinion, dnt follow what happens in russia really, and don't know any russian people to formulate an opinion... really i shouldn't even be in this thread... sorry

Nope. We skipped a whole bunch by lumping them together as "Africa"

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
youjiro said:

but on topic, i don't have an opinion, dnt follow what happens in russia really, and don't know any russian people to formulate an opinion... really i shouldn't even be in this thread... sorry

lol good one :P Lets do one for Asia , Europe , South America and a couple of others and then we can start on cityes  :P

Its funny what people think of modern days Russia ... actually its the biggest energy suplier of Europe and its one of the fastest evolving countryes in the world . It amazes me how much they have acomplished in 17 years :) 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Cold weather, communism, stalin, the cold war, arms race, Moscow, tetris

Hm, not sure.. the way Russia is now it's hard to really say.  I guess I'm just one of those people that views the majority of other countries and the people who live in them no differently than my own..  Though it'd be fun to live there and in some other places for a while just to get a feel of it I think.

hunter_alien said:
stof said:
youjiro said:

lol good one :P Lets do one for Asia , Europe , South America and a couple of others and then we can start on cityes :P

Its funny what people think of modern days Russia ... actually its the biggest energy suplier of Europe and its one of the fastest evolving countryes in the world . It amazes me how much they have acomplished in 17 years :)

It is not hard to accomplish that.

Especially if you are the biggest energy supplier of Europe ;).

Around the Network

I'm grateful to you for answers. It is interesting to hear that people think of my country.

One remark:

MrBubbles

I understand that this your opinion. It is sad. I think it is necessary to know world history.

I think Russians are, as a people, quite subdued in some respects; they're usually quiet and sombre. (I'm basing this off the dozens of Russian students I've had over the years).

As for the country, it's hard not to get the image of a terrorist country full of rebel groups trying desperately to destroy to USA, when hollywood films usually stereotype Russians like that.

I think it's an emerging country, still shrugging off it's troubled history to some degree, trying once again to become a power on the world stage.

Digital, would you kindly elaborate?
What particular thought(s) of mine did you find "sad" and what events of world history are you suggesting i look into?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I have been in Russia and I have to say it changed my view of Russia;

I had a very negative view of Russia I blame Western media who always show the negative hings about Russia and Hollywood with their anti-Russian movies.

I have to say that people were there very friendly they even helped me out a lot they gave me rides with their cars, let me eat with their families I even loved Russia.

I only hate the weather WAY TO COLD.

Hmm,

Red Square, Gum, Raskolnikov, Seven sisters, Siberia, Nazis, mean cops, Stuffed Lenin on display, Trains, Freezing cold water in the Baikal lake, Blini, Poor people living in wooden houses, Mafia, Cheap Vodka.

Most people that I met were nice but there are some fucked up cops in Moscow :D

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad