By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Odds vs. Evens: Resident Evil (Redux)

Best group of Resident Evil games?

Odd-numbered 3 15.00%

Even-numbered 15 75.00%

It's a tie! 2 10.00%

Total:20

So about four years ago, I created a thread asking folks to choose either the odd-numbered or even-numbered Resident Evil games. And I kind of cheated by lumping in RE0 with the even group. With Resident Evil 8 now out in the wild, I thought it would be fun to try this experiment again.

Here's the question: if you could only play one grouping of RE games, would it be the odd-numbered installments or the even-numbered installments? And why?

Odd-numbered RE games Even-numbered RE games
Resident Evil (1996/2002) Resident Evil 2 (1998/2019)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999/2020) Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5 Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7 (Biohazard) Resident Evil 8 (Village)

Around the Network

Without RE8, I'd already pick even because of 2 and 4. The addition of RE8 solidifies the victory for even-numbered Resident Evil games.

Signature goes here!

Yeah, the even ones. Thats easy. My top 3 RE games are RE4, RE2R and RE8.

I'll keep the combo going.

The even-numbered group remains my favorite. 2, 4, and 8 are among my top 4 favorite RE games, so this is actually easier than last time.

Well, RE0 is my favorite, so even numbers. If we can count that, if not then, I don't really care. Both, even and odd will be fine.

Around the Network

Odd, no question.

I've played REmake, REmake 2, RE1, and RE2, and a little bit of RE3, in that order.
So far I'd say REmake > RE2 > REmake 2 > RE3 > RE1, so right now I'm kind of neutral on the topic.

I'll get back to this thread when I finish 3 and play 4, 7, 8, 0 and Code Veronica.

RE1 is my fav RE game, and if Code Veronica was named correctly as the 3rd title than odds for sure. But its honestly a hard choice. RE1 and 7 are amazing games while RE2 and 4 are also amazing games. I consider a draw lol

RE1 and RE3 (originals) are my favourites, so odd. Gutted to miss out on 2 and 4, but there you go.

Only played REmake 1 and 4, so odds for now.