Forums - Gaming Discussion - Odds vs. Evens: Resident Evil

Tagged games:

Best group of Resident Evil games?

Odds 15 34.88%

Evens 20 46.51%

Tie 6 13.95%

See results 2 4.65%

Total:43

If you could only play one set of numbered Resident Evil games, would it be the odd-numbered installments or the even-numbered installments? And why?

Note: zero is included as an even number for the purposes of this thread.

Odd Resident Evil games Even Resident Evil games
Resident Evil (1996/2002) Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 5 Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil VII: Biohazard Resident Evil 6

Around the Network

Damn that's a hard choice right there. All of the odd games are good but 3 out of 4 even ones are superb, however RE6 really brings them down.

This is close for me, but I have to go evens. RE4 is my favorite of the series, and I really love 2 and 0 also. RE6 is my least favorite, but it's not enough to drag down the whole group.

Yomieeee said:
Damn that's a hard choice right there. All of the odd games are good but 3 out of 4 even ones are superb, however RE6 really brings them down.

Hey, great minds think alike

This is like a very hard question, actually. I love both RE5 and RE2, and yet they're on different categories.

I'm going to go with odds here, because while I don't have access to RE2, I get RE3 which is somewhat close to it, plus RE1 which is still a masterpiece of a game to this day (and one of the most puzzle-oriented games in the franchise, incidentally); I also get RE5, which is my favorite game of the franchise tied with 2, and then I get to experience RE7, which I haven't yet.

Around the Network

Evens, without a doubt.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Really tough choice but I'll have to choose 'odd' in this case cause the even has RE4 lol

evens just for resident evil 4

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Ka-pi96 said:
Wright said:

This is like a very hard question, actually. I love both RE5 and RE2, and yet they're on different categories.

I'm going to go with odds here, because while I don't have access to RE2, I get RE3 which is somewhat close to it, plus RE1 which is still a masterpiece of a game to this day (and one of the most puzzle-oriented games in the franchise, incidentally); I also get RE5, which is my favorite game of the franchise tied with 2, and then I get to experience RE7, which I haven't yet.

Wrighty showing up with his great taste as usual *high fives*

It's a real shame that RE2 gets on the evens category. Replaying RE3 would totally make me want to replay RE2 too. xD

Dead heat so far in the poll